Michigan CRNA's set up Go Fund Me page to raise money for lawyers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They changed the administrator of their gofundme page. You can read the update for yourself for their version of events in the last week or two and interpret it to how you see fit. As for those who came back and the coffee lounge - all is well for the most part. Everyone (Anesthesiologists and the CRNAs who signed on earlier) are treating the come-backs cordially and with respect. I think the fact that that the ORs have continued to run and the surgeons are all very satisfied with how things have gone for the last 6 weeks speaks for itself and so those returning are focusing on their jobs at hand. Here is the link to their gofundme page where you can read their update - but take note, they changed the individual who was the administrator of the page just prior to this latest update.

Members don't see this ad.

Here is the latest update from the Go Fund me page....it appears as if the ring leaders have been left out in the cold. After the ballsy comments I've seen in the press and on their Facebook and go fund me page, this is not surprising. Not only did they drag PSJ through the mud in very visible local outlets, they drug the hospital through the mud, insinuating it was unsafe to have surgery there. I will bet the hospital had something to do with these individuals not being allowed to return to work....I've seen that scenario play out many times with anesthesiologists. Perhaps they got wind of the meeting that took place and shut down the plan to rehire every CRNA. Actions have consequences, I think CRNAs have been somewhat of a protected class for so long they haven't yet learned that lesson with regard to their employment options. And still, they continue threatening legal action rather than just moving on like professional adults do. You got fired...it happens all the time. Unbelievable.

"In my last update I spoke of the Michigan68’s ability to forgive and focus on the future. It was with this mind-set that we decided to meet face-to-face with PSJ and Dr. Lago as a group in January. Dr. Lago assured us that he wanted all of us to come back if we could reach an agreement, and, relying on this promise, we negotiated a fair and equitable contract for everyone. Many of the MI68 did not return to PSJ because they had secured other jobs. However, for those of us who decided to return, it was always based on the belief everyone would be offered the same opportunity to work with PSJ, whether as a contingent or contract employee. None of the MI68 wished to leave even a single member unemployed. The contract was negotiated, drafted, and accepted by the group. Little did we know that, after all was said and done and the ink was dry, PSJ would suddenly change course and retaliate against a small group of the MI68 by reneging on their promise to employ them, while offering employment to all the rest.
We have worked hard to achieve this contract and to build a new future with the anesthesiologists, surgeons and patients we have missed so dearly. Tragically, this opportunity has been denied to some of our members, including myself, for no other reason than PSJ’s inability to forgive the past. The goodwill and peaceful spirit of our January meeting has been broken by the retaliation and retribution shown by PSJ for some of our members. None of our members should be punished for leading or participating in a grassroots movement to fight collectively for a fair contract for our profession.
We will continue to keep you updated as the situation develops and we explore our legal options for those of us who have been left behind."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here is the latest update from the Go Fund me page....it appears as if the ring leaders have been left out in the cold. After the ballsy comments I've seen in the press and on their Facebook and go fund me page, this is not surprising. Not only did they drag PSJ through the mud in very visible local outlets, they drug the hospital through the mud, insinuating it was unsafe to have surgery there. I will bet the hospital had something to do with these individuals not being allowed to return to work....I've seen that scenario play out many times with anesthesiologists. Perhaps they got wind of the meeting that took place and shut down the plan to rehire every CRNA. Actions have consequences, I think CRNAs have been somewhat of a protected class for so long they haven't yet learned that lesson with regard to their employment options.

"In my last update I spoke of the Michigan68’s ability to forgive and focus on the future. It was with this mind-set that we decided to meet face-to-face with PSJ and Dr. Lago as a group in January. Dr. Lago assured us that he wanted all of us to come back if we could reach an agreement, and, relying on this promise, we negotiated a fair and equitable contract for everyone. Many of the MI68 did not return to PSJ because they had secured other jobs. However, for those of us who decided to return, it was always based on the belief everyone would be offered the same opportunity to work with PSJ, whether as a contingent or contract employee. None of the MI68 wished to leave even a single member unemployed. The contract was negotiated, drafted, and accepted by the group. Little did we know that, after all was said and done and the ink was dry, PSJ would suddenly change course and retaliate against a small group of the MI68 by reneging on their promise to employ them, while offering employment to all the rest.
We have worked hard to achieve this contract and to build a new future with the anesthesiologists, surgeons and patients we have missed so dearly. Tragically, this opportunity has been denied to some of our members, including myself, for no other reason than PSJ’s inability to forgive the past. The goodwill and peaceful spirit of our January meeting has been broken by the retaliation and retribution shown by PSJ for some of our members. None of our members should be punished for leading or participating in a grassroots movement to fight collectively for a fair contract for our profession.
We will continue to keep you updated as the situation develops and we explore our legal options for those of us who have been left behind."
I probably wouldn't take back the leaders either, this was a blessed opportunity to purge

Reactions: 1 users
I probably wouldn't take back the leaders either, this was a blessed opportunity to purge
Agreed. They set a good precedent for their employees with this decision too.

How's it going? Update, please.

So it's been a little while......how goes it?

Reactions: 1 user
Unknown-1.jpeg

They were assimilated. Resistance was futile. As it has been for many of us.

I do believe it is time for an update. Anyone with any knowledge of how things are going?

True. Gotta know, did the CRNAs all end up coming back? Did the main agitators get the cold shoulder? Did the hospital suffer ANY lack of coverage whatsoever by this BS stunt or have ANY surgeon dissatisfaction because a lowly doctor had to give anesthesia rather than a nurse with expert knowledge in patient advocacy?

True. Gotta know, did the CRNAs all end up coming back? Did the main agitators get the cold shoulder? Did the hospital suffer ANY lack of coverage whatsoever by this BS stunt or have ANY surgeon dissatisfaction because a lowly doctor had to give anesthesia rather than a nurse with expert knowledge in patient advocacy?
Don't expect the partners to come here and badmouth their "CRNA colleagues", now that the cow is producing milk again. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Don't expect the partners to come here and badmouth their "CRNA colleagues", now that the cow is producing milk again. ;)
That's every ACT practice in America and is not unique to this particular location.