Michigan December Decisions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bigdogg

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anybody who got the "deferred decision" in October heard anything from UMich yet? I called today and was told that "those decisions should be on your status page no later than 5:00 PM EST on December 23rd." From this amorphous answer, I can not determine whether or not they have started informing anyone. Their website states Admissions Offers: 70% updated 12/5. So i'm unsure whether I was one of the unlucky ones whos not getting an offer or what the deal is. Anyone have any more specific 411?

Members don't see this ad.

I was told (after emailing Robert Ruiz, the director of admissions) that decisions on the December deferred people would be made starting from mid-December and running through December 23rd, so what you said sounds about right, at the latest. The lady I reached at the Admissions Office told me that the adcom was meeting on December 14th and December 21st, so potentially we could hear as soon as this week, I guess!

::crosses fingers::

Members don't see this ad :)
WayChanger said:
I was told (after emailing Robert Ruiz, the director of admissions) that decisions on the December deferred people would be made starting from mid-December and running through December 23rd, so what you said sounds about right, at the latest. The lady I reached at the Admissions Office told me that the adcom was meeting on December 14th and December 21st, so potentially we could hear as soon as this week, I guess!

::crosses fingers::

This emotional rollercoaster of a process is starting to take its toll. No more waiting/suspense please. Someone needs to make a full length feature film about this ish.

:luck: Good luck! :luck:

I hope you hear good news soon!

just getting ready for Michigan December Decisions '06! :D

its been a long wait

Well, I have bad news for the rest of you guys. UMich says I am "Highly Desirable" so the rest of you December peope are out of luck. ;) Sorry. :laugh:

Well, I have bad news for the rest of you guys. UMich says I am "Highly Desirable" so the rest of you December peope are out of luck. ;) Sorry. :laugh:

Oh, me too...I thought that is what this thread is for...

Still no news for me either. Doesn't the committee meet again on Tuesday 12/19? How tacky of them to potentially dispense bad news right before the holidays:thumbdown:

so if I'm on "hold" still I guess that means mostly likely a rejection

Still no news for me either. Doesn't the committee meet again on Tuesday 12/19? How tacky of them to potentially dispense bad news right before the holidays:thumbdown:
Just like needing lemons to make lemonade (or perhaps margaritas) there can't always be an upside without the downside.

Look at it this way: Those who are accepted pre-holiday season will be pretty excited. If you aren't accepted they're not going to call you to tell you, so any "tacky" dispensing of bad news isn't really going to happen. Also, not everyone who is going to be accepted eventually will be accepted on the 19th. So while the call is (obviously) good news, no call isn't necessarily bad news.

I know the wait sucks, but keep your chin up and good luck! :luck:

I think one of their admissions people said in one of the online chats, that we could be considered next week.

do people that get put on hold ever get interviewed and accepted?

do people that get put on hold ever get interviewed and accepted?
Unfortunately I don't know what the percentages are, but it does happen.

Good luck! :luck: