Michigan december decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RonBurgundy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back? I think some people are finding out today..

Members don't see this ad.

RonBurgundy said:
Has anyone heard back? I think some people are finding out today..

I'm hoping to haer back today :eek: :scared: . I pray to God that it's good news! Are you waiting as well?

yup....still waiting

sigh - this is so weird, i thought my michigan interview went so well...and i interviewed back in early september...

Members don't see this ad :)
RonBurgundy said:
yup....still waiting

sigh - this is so weird, i thought my michigan interview went so well...and i interviewed back in early september...

I think pretty much everyone interview goes well. You have to really tryt to mess up. On the chat last night the dean said only 5 had been rejected post interview!

lol 2 of my interviews went really well and one of them went kinda bumpy. Will be interesting to see how that plays out, especially cuz im MSTP, where I thought all my interviews went really well.

When today do they let us know?

They probably won't tell us today. I think it's been posted that the status pages would update tomorrow or Friday. Anyway, they have 125 people on the deferred list, and they only expect to accept about ten this week, so our odds are really bad.

Only 10?! What's your source on that? Those are considerably worse odds than how it is for the regular interview pool...I thought the deferred people were "highly desired candidates"...wtf.

yeah thats what they said in that chat last night

Oh man...is everyone else getting waitlisted/rejected, then? Was anything else notable said in the chat last night? I couldn't make it...

On the chat last night Michigan has accepted, thus far, 259 candidates. They expect to offer acceptances to 320-330 candidates this year. There are 125 on the highly desirable list, and I think they will admit 10 in december and probably another 10-20 in March. The very last statistic is something that I'm guessing at, they didn't say how many they would accept in March.

But I figure if they have 60-70 spots left, they will probably give about half of those to interviewers after January, and the other half from the highly-desirable list.

I think this year they are ensuring that they don't go over the class limit like they did last year. So they will accept a few less and pluck the remaining few off the deferred decision list or the waitlist.

It's all very frustrating...I told Michigan that I would be happy to remove myself from consideration from all other schools I get accepted to if I get into Michigan. And it's the truth. But I'm sure at least half the candidates who are on the deferred decision list say the same thing.

Just got my video e-mail acceptance. Any one else find out good news? Best of luck to all of you!

does anybody have the link to the status page?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ashanti Rock said:
Just got my video e-mail acceptance. Any one else find out good news? Best of luck to all of you!
Hey - Congratulations Ashanti!!! I told you you'd have a great interview :) See you at second look weekend.

drinklord said:
Hey - Congratulations Ashanti!!! I told you you'd have a great interview :) See you at second look weekend.

Thank you! Do you know when the second look weekend is? See you then!

First of all, Congrats to Ashanti!

Quick Question - For those of you who were accepted, how long after your acceptance did you receive additional materials regarding financial aid by mail? Also, when did you receive your login name/password for the accepted students page? I received an acceptance last month and I haven't received any of these materials...

I know that the username/password is located at the end of the acceptance video. Not sure about the financial aid stuff..has anybody received anything?

I got the official acceptance letter in the mail about two weeks after the video. As far as financial aid info, isn't that on the status page? On the website for accepted students you'll get information on housing.

Chopianista said:
First of all, Congrats to Ashanti!

Quick Question - For those of you who were accepted, how long after your acceptance did you receive additional materials regarding financial aid by mail? Also, when did you receive your login name/password for the accepted students page? I received an acceptance last month and I haven't received any of these materials...

no financial aid stuff yet...on our status page, it says that we'll get a packet in january. it was a little while before i got the login for the accepted students page.

So..... tonight I went and checked my status page when I got home, something I was thinking about all day. I was originally deferred until december after interviewing the second week of september, frustrating enough. Well tonight I got the fortunate news of finding out that my admissions decisions has been deferred AGAIN UNTIL MARCH. Obviously, "this is not an offer of admission, waitlist, or rejection." I have about had it with Michigan. This is not class. I am not an instate resident, although I do believe I have the qualifications for admission. I think tommorrow i'm going to call good old Robbie boy and give him a piece of my mind.

Is anyone else in this position and ready to take someones head off?
Just me? Probably.

I also was left on the list til March. It's disappointing, but I was expecting it since the chat the other night (actually I expected it even before that, but that was just my being negative). Waiting seems to be what this process is all about; I'm trying not to have any emotional reactions to any of it since it's beyond my control anyway.

bigdogg said:
So..... tonight I went and checked my status page when I got home, something I was thinking about all day. I was originally deferred until december after interviewing the second week of september, frustrating enough. Well tonight I got the fortunate news of finding out that my admissions decisions has been deferred AGAIN UNTIL MARCH. Obviously, "this is not an offer of admission, waitlist, or rejection." I have about had it with Michigan. This is not class. I am not an instate resident, although I do believe I have the qualifications for admission. I think tommorrow i'm going to call good old Robbie boy and give him a piece of my mind.

Is anyone else in this position and ready to take someones head off?
Just me? Probably.

i understand that has to be frustrating, but at least they are considerate enough to let you know where you stand, as compared to some other schools we know...*cough, harvard, cough* i hope you get in in march...best of luck!

i interviewed last friday. has anyone else's status page not changed :confused:

it is now friday 1:45 Michigan time, not only was I not accepted in the batch they sent out, but my status page hasn't even been updated when they told us last week it would updated on wednesday.

BAH humbug.

SeventhSon said:
it is now friday 1:45 Michigan time, not only was I not accepted in the batch they sent out, but my status page hasn't even been updated when they told us last week it would updated on wednesday.

BAH humbug.

Are you an MSTP applicant? They may have a different schedule compared to the regular medical school admissions.

Art said:
Are you an MSTP applicant? They may have a different schedule compared to the regular medical school admissions.

yeah but most committees will consider your application seperately. It is possible to be accepted by MD and rejected by MSTP.... not quite sure how the reverse would work.