Michigan March Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wing14

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if "march decisions" will actually become february decisions, since michigan has cancelled their last couple interview days?

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if "march decisions" will actually become february decisions, since michigan has cancelled their last couple interview days?

I'm not sure but I would think that part of the reason for the "March Decision" is that a lot of other top schools give out acceptances in March (Harvard, Columbia, Duke, Penn (?), etc.). Some of the schools I just listed are non-rolling so they're going to give out a lot when they do in March. This could obviously affect some people who have Michigan acceptances right now.

So its unlikely that it would become a February decision given that all the spots are now probably filled and there is no systematic reason people would drop those spots in February.

hey there,

the last interview date will be 2/8 and then the adcom will meet on 2/13 to go over the rest of the applications and give out the final acceptances. so if you interview friday or whenever the last interview date was you'll probably hear 2/13 around 5pm good luck :)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey there,

the last interview date will be 2/8 and then the adcom will meet on 2/13 to go over the rest of the applications and give out the final acceptances. so if you interview friday or whenever the last interview date was you'll probably hear 2/13 around 5pm good luck :)

If that's the case then they get the biggest gold star for turnaround time. I'll be there on Friday. An honor to have the chance to interview; I just hope they saved a couple of seats for the end. Website says that 90% of the offers have been made...

hey there,

Insider information?

i believe the opp was referring to those whose status page says "Highly Desirable - March Decision". These are people who already interviewed and were deferred like myself.

Does anyone know if Director Ruiz went over when these decisions will come out in the last chat? I can't find the transcript.

i believe the opp was referring to those whose status page says "Highly Desirable - March Decision". These are people who already interviewed and were deferred like myself.

Does anyone know if Director Ruiz went over when these decisions will come out in the last chat? I can't find the transcript.

ya, thats what i was referring to. i looked through some old transcripts, and i couldnt find the exact date either. he did say we would be on top of the waitlist at least tho.

ya, thats what i was referring to. i looked through some old transcripts, and i couldnt find the exact date either. he did say we would be on top of the waitlist at least tho.

I asked Ruiz about the waitlist procedure and he told me that the list is divided up into 5 teirs. So all of the students who are March deferrals will be in the top teir on the waitlist? If so, where/when did you hear this? Was it in one of the chat sessions?

hey there,

it was actually 2/13 around 4:30pm :)

Mich had amazingly quick turnaround time!

lol im very sorry for making you think that it was 30 minutes later than you actually found out, i hope that smiley face means that we might just be classmates next year. congrats

So does anyone know for sure when the 'March Decision' people are going to here from Michigan. I know our chances are small for getting accepted like this and it's probably waitlist but it would still be great to know when we find out.

I called today and the woman who answered the phone told me "they're telling me by the middle or end of March. Any earlier than that would be like a gift," or something along those lines. I know in one of the chats a few weeks back, though, they said we'd know by March 10 or 11. So....apparently that changed? Anyone else get the same response?

Hey guys,

I called in a few times in the past couple of months asking them about when a decision will be made for the March Decision individuals. They told me pretty much the same thing as you guys, that they would make the decision by mid to late March. So imagine my surprise when I saw an email from Director Ruiz in my email today, notifying me that I'd been accepted! Anyways, that was around 4:30 pm EST so its possible that they might not have gotten to everyone on the list yet. I hope this helps and good luck to everyone. Keep your hopes up!

Has anyone else in the march decision group heard anything? I looked through the most recent chat session and Dir Ruiz said that some decisions would go out in early March - so I'm wondering if all march acceptances have been made.

I went into the admissions office the other day and they told me that they will notify, no matter what, by the 28th of March. The "any earlier than that would be a gift" is what they told me, too. Sounds like they are pretty swamped with some close calls.

Interviewed in September, Deferred to December, then to March. Got an email today for the lower tier of the waitlist... They gave alot of stats and apparently there's 75 on the upper, and 150 on each the middle and lower.

Interviewed in September, Deferred to December, then to March. Got an email today for the lower tier of the waitlist... They gave alot of stats and apparently there's 75 on the upper, and 150 on each the middle and lower.

Just got upper tier waitlist.

Mid-tier waitlist for me. From the stats they gave, it doesn't sound like anyone on the mid-tier or low-tier waitlist has much of a chance.

4th waitlist in the last two weeks.

Mid-tier waitlist for me. From the stats they gave, it doesn't sound like anyone on the mid-tier or low-tier waitlist has much of a chance.

4th waitlist in the last two weeks.

haha 3rd here for me. and they are the same as yours, columbia, umich, washu!

dang i was hoping for a little more love.