Michigan med-school acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jofrbr76

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! if you got an acceptance this year to ANY michigan medical school(osteopathic too), post it here. It'd be interesting to know where you're all from, where you did your undergrad, what you did outside the class room, etc. I guess i'm just nosy, but hey, if you got in, you might as well brag to someone whose interested!! Thanks everyone.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm going to UM next year. I graduated with a bs in biology from UM this past december. I'm an Ohio resident. I had above-average grades and a pretty good mcat, but not great by any definition. I worked in a large hospital's emergency dept as a tech during all my breaks throughout college. This gave me a LOT of hands-on experience. I was able to get the job because I had already completed EMT training, and the hospital had their own training for the tech job. I did a year of full-time research in the UM pharmacology dept studying a mutation in a nicotinic receptor present in human and murine brains. I also was heavily involved with a couple of community service organizations, including a youth literacy program and a pre-health honor society. If you have any questions about applying to UM, I'd be happy to try to help out.

i'll also be attending UM next year, unless NYU pulls me off their waitlist. i went to notre dame for undergrad, had decent, but not outstanding, grades (3.6), was surely helped out by a very good MCAT score. my extracurrics are nothing special, some time volunteering in hospitals and a free clinic, student government etc. i did have some research experience, but nothing medically related (some organic chemistry research and some coastal ecology as well, completely different). i was not immediately accepted; i was pulled off the waitlist at the end of may. i am not a michigan resident.

bud