Michigan MPJE... Horrible experience

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marenda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I took the MI MPJE yesterday and it was so hard. I studied from jesse vivian's review of michigan law, and the books sent from the board of pharmacy. I only knew 1/3 of the exam and I have reviewed some questions after the exam and counted 16 I got wrong for sure. The questions that I got were from left field. I do not know what to do, I'm pretty sure I failed. Any suggestions as to what to study or how to study if I find out I failed? Ugh im so upset and disappointed!!! :(

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone,

I took the MI MPJE yesterday and it was so hard. I studied from jesse vivian's review of michigan law, and the books sent from the board of pharmacy. I only knew 1/3 of the exam and I have reviewed some questions after the exam and counted 16 I got wrong for sure. The questions that I got were from left field. I do not know what to do, I'm pretty sure I failed. Any suggestions as to what to study or how to study if I find out I failed? Ugh im so upset and disappointed!!! :([/QUOTE

One thing i know is that anyone who thinks they failed the exams actually passed. I think you will pass. Am planning on taking it soon. Any advice? do's n don'ts?

Hello ,
Could you please help me ,how to study for michigan mpje and what to study.My exam is next month.
athind2009 at gmail.com

thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
To get the Michigan Pharmacy Law, 7th edition (2015), call the Michigan Pharmacists association at 517-484-1466. My book won't help with every question, I don't cover much federal law, and I have nothing whatsoever to do with writing the questions and, yes, there are many "strange" questions on the MPJE. Just remember 30 of the 90 questions are not counted and you need a 75% to pass.

Last edited:
To get the Michigan Pharmacy Law, 6th edition (2011), call the Michigan Pharmacists association at 517-484-1466. My book won't help with every question, I don't cover much federal law, and I have nothing whatsoever to do with writing the questions and, yes, there are many "strange" questions on the MPJE. Just remember 30 of the 90 questions are not counted and you need a 75% to pass.

Thank you.
Can anyone that passed Mich MJPE chime in? Any other recommendations? Im going to take this.. in about 3 years lol

"I took the MI MPJE yesterday and it was so hard. I studied from jesse vivian's review of michigan law" --- Yes, Vivian's book is useless to prepare MPJE. Vivian just simply place the laws together in a VERY confusing and contradicting way. He did not make any effort to present the topics in a simple and clear way for MPJE!!! We are taking MPJE for being pharmacists, why do we need to pay money and spend time to read his book like this --- "Only a licensed, medical physician may engage in activities associated with the practice of medicine, ...... dentistry, nursing, etc" (7th ed, page 40. BTW, there should be no "," after "licensed" from the grammar point of view) --- this sentence is simply as stupid as it is!!! First of all, Of Course, the MD has to be licensed --- Even a plumber has to be licensed!!! Second of all, we are preparing for MPJE indicating that we already know that pharmacists have to be license. Why do we even care about the licenses of a MD, a dentist, a nurse??? Pharmacists are required to use "their professional judgment" when filling a Rx; Pharmacists are never specifically required to question the MD's licensure; And the MPJE is not going to give us such a question like this --- "Do a MD have to be licensed in order to write a Rx?". On page 86, Vivian told us that "The electronic form utilized in transmission of a prescription cannot include "dispense as written" or "d.a.w."; But on page 89, Vivian told us that "The electronic prescription must permit the prescriber to instruct the pharmacist to dispense ...... The indication that no substitute is allowed, such as 'dispense as written' or 'DAW'". I paid the book and in return, struggled with the confusing and contradicting concepts presented by Vivian.

does anyone have michigan MPJE study materials or notes?
"I took the MI MPJE yesterday and it was so hard. I studied from jesse vivian's review of michigan law" --- Yes, Vivian's book is useless to prepare MPJE. Vivian just simply place the laws together in a VERY confusing and contradicting way. He did not make any effort to present the topics in a simple and clear way for MPJE!!! We are taking MPJE for being pharmacists, why do we need to pay money and spend time to read his book like this --- "Only a licensed, medical physician may engage in activities associated with the practice of medicine, ...... dentistry, nursing, etc" (7th ed, page 40. BTW, there should be no "," after "licensed" from the grammar point of view) --- this sentence is simply as stupid as it is!!! First of all, Of Course, the MD has to be licensed --- Even a plumber has to be licensed!!! Second of all, we are preparing for MPJE indicating that we already know that pharmacists have to be license. Why do we even care about the licenses of a MD, a dentist, a nurse??? Pharmacists are required to use "their professional judgment" when filling a Rx; Pharmacists are never specifically required to question the MD's licensure; And the MPJE is not going to give us such a question like this --- "Do a MD have to be licensed in order to write a Rx?". On page 86, Vivian told us that "The electronic form utilized in transmission of a prescription cannot include "dispense as written" or "d.a.w."; But on page 89, Vivian told us that "The electronic prescription must permit the prescriber to instruct the pharmacist to dispense ...... The indication that no substitute is allowed, such as 'dispense as written' or 'DAW'". I paid the book and in return, struggled with the confusing and contradicting concepts presented by Vivian.

People who can't write a full understandable sentence in English don't deserve to be pharmacists

I agree Vivian's slides are useless and his book isn't that helpful either. Look for MPA review session. They gave me way more clear and straightforward answer in 2h session than Vivians entire semester of class! Also study federal law book hard. Michigan law is mostly following the federal law except some numbers are different, record keeping years etc...