Michigan people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did undergrad at Mich State, (01) and doing 2nd yrs masters in epidemiology.
ANyone looking to go instate, MSU, U of M or Wayne State?

I'm not sure, I've worked at MSU's med schl since my freshman yr undergrad , 5yrs ago, so I know the ins and outs. I've been to U-M's medical school, studied there many times with friends, and don't really like the resources available needed to help students succeed. Wayne State's facilities are on the old side, I volunteer at the DMC, and love the close proximity with the hospitals. So all arrows pointing towards MSU for now.

Members don't see this ad.

I would suggest applying to all three. As a Michigan Resident, I found the application process very odd. I had interviews from CHM & Michigan before I got a secondary from Wayne.

Wayne, statistically, is your best chance, but I agree that it is a large class, the facilities are not new, and my friends there tell me it is very competitive.

I am surprised that you don't feel there are resources in Ann Arbor to help students succeed? What exactly were you looking for that you haven't found? They have great pass rates for the boards, and they were remodeling when I applied two years ago. The students that I spoke to there in med school felt supported and happy, although the Monday test thing didn't sound too fun to me.

Good Luck with your decision.

Originally posted by pcl
I would suggest applying to all three. As a Michigan Resident, I found the application process very odd. I had interviews from CHM & Michigan before I got a secondary from Wayne.

Wayne, statistically, is your best chance, but I agree that it is a large class, the facilities are not new, and my friends there tell me it is very competitive.

I am surprised that you don't feel there are resources in Ann Arbor to help students succeed? What exactly were you looking for that you haven't found? They have great pass rates for the boards, and they were remodeling when I applied two years ago. The students that I spoke to there in med school felt supported and happy, although the Monday test thing didn't sound too fun to me.

Good Luck with your decision.

Thanks, yeah i applied to all 3 plus 8 other schls.
I really wouldn't mind goin to either one and hopefully i'll get to teh point where i can make a choice as to where to go