Michigan requesting letters of rec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poindexter

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does this mean anything? Can anyone with interviews shed some light on where this puts me in their timeframe? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes...it's very good :)
They ask for a secondary from most people...then they only ask about 25% of those who they receive secondaries from for letters of rec...congrats..well on your way to an interview :)

hmmm, that's funny. i haven't submitted their secondary yet. hope this isn't some crazy amcas fluke.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well you are from minesota so i know for sure they gave an interview to some people who were residents of michigan before even seeing their secondaries. So maybe cuz you are so close..they like ya :)

Oh crap, i sent out my letters already :) Either they'll keep it, or make me send em again

Hey, what is the technical standards thing for michigan? I have checkmarks by everything except that so I'm guessing that that is what is keeping my app from being complete.

Originally posted by prometheus:
•Hey, what is the technical standards thing for michigan? I have checkmarks by everything except that so I'm guessing that that is what is keeping my app from being complete.•

I think they only require the technical standards stuff for certain people.

I have an interview at Michigan even though the boxes are unchecked next to technical standards and primary care applicant.

Yeah...I just got the letter request too. But, I had already had my letter service send them out...it was sort of a mixup. Anyhow...I hope they didn't throw them away.

Baylor, how long after they got your letters did you get an interview invite?

Thanks,

Adam

They must be sending the letter requests out to a lot of the out-of-staters now, because I got one too today.

By the way, I was wondering about the letter of rec guidelines. They say if your school has a committee, you can send that in lieu of individual letters. If I send that, could I still send one or two other letters, or will they thow them away and reject me immediately ;) Just wondering what other people did/are doing.

Originally posted by Dylann FMD:
•By the way, I was wondering about the letter of rec guidelines. They say if your school has a committee, you can send that in lieu of individual letters. If I send that, could I still send one or two other letters, or will they thow them away and reject me immediately ;) Just wondering what other people did/are doing.•

I sent them a committee letter. However, I'm applying MD/PhD so I sent the MD/PhD program some more letters from research advisors.

Apparently, they share letters because the MD online status check lists the research recommenders in addition to the premed committee letter.

Rumit,

I got an email offering an interview about 4 weeks after my file was complete.