Michigan Residency Without Rotating Internship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MI2002

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a 3rd year Osteopathic Medical Student who will be applying to allopathic residencies beginning next summer, and am trying to figure out whether or not I can apply to programs in Michigan without first doing a rotating internship. I know that I would have to do the rotating internship to be elgible for a full medical license in Michigan, however I am uncertain as to whether I could get a limited educational license that would allow me to train at a Michigan program and then leave the state forever once the program is complete. Does anyone know for sure whether I could or could not get a limited educational license to allow me to do a residency in Michigan?

Members don't see this ad.

The AOA gave me a number to call for questions regarding liscensure. Call 1-800-962-9008. It's my understanding that they can find information for different states to find the licensure requirements. I hope it's helpful. Good luck!