1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Michigan Residency Without Rotating Internship?

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by MI2002, Nov 14, 2000.

1. MI2002

MI2002 New Member

I am a 3rd year Osteopathic Medical Student who will be applying to allopathic residencies beginning next summer, and am trying to figure out whether or not I can apply to programs in Michigan without first doing a rotating internship. I know that I would have to do the rotating internship to be elgible for a full medical license in Michigan, however I am uncertain as to whether I could get a limited educational license that would allow me to train at a Michigan program and then leave the state forever once the program is complete. Does anyone know for sure whether I could or could not get a limited educational license to allow me to do a residency in Michigan?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KCP

KCP Junior Member

The AOA gave me a number to call for questions regarding liscensure. Call 1-800-962-9008. It's my understanding that they can find information for different states to find the licensure requirements. I hope it's helpful. Good luck!