Michigan State: applying to both programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DAKAZA

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would it be a stupid idea to apply to Michigan State's MD and DO programs at the same time?

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be a stupid idea to apply to Michigan State's MD and DO programs at the same time?

No.

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone I know did it, and I know people who got into both programs. Go for it.

Cool, I was worried because it seems like DO schools want to know that you prefer DO and I thought they could find out that you applied to their MD school as well.

I actually did apply to both, got into DO and rejected post interview from MD...it was suggested to me that I may have been looked at less favorably (and suggested by someone who works in admissions...) after my MD interview because there is some sharing of knowledge if you have been accepted to one or the other already...don't know if it's true, but just food for thought. I was rejected post interview, btw, from the MD, which MSU claims they really don't do unless someone grossly misrepresents themselves. Good luck, they are both great schools!