Michigan State CHM - Secondary to Interview Turnaround Time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Alderon007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I received a secondary from MSU 2 weeks ago and submitted it last night. Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is to hear back from them on an interview decision?

Thanks and good luck to each of you.

Members don't see this ad.

hope you brought a sleeping bag....

11/14/2004 Thank you. CHM has received your Secondary Application. Evaluation of your application will take six to eight weeks. We will notify you by email if your letters of evaluation have not been received by the time the evaluation of your application are complete.

12/01/2004 Your AMCAS and Secondary Applications (without grades or MCAT scores) are now being evaluated by a CHM faculty member and a CHM graduate assistant. Once these assessments are complete, the Committee on Admissions will review your entire application. The Committee will then invite you to attend Interview Day, hold your application for further review, or determine that your application is not competitive for the next entering class. This process will take six to eight weeks. We will notify you by email if we have not received your letters of evaluation by the time your application assessments are complete.

01/25/2005 Dear MSU College of Human Medicine Applicant: The College of Human Medicine Committee on Admissions has reviewed your AMCAS application, Secondary Application, letters of evaluation, and internal ratings of your application to determine whether to invite you to interview for a position in our 2005 entering class. At this time, the Committee has decided to place your application on hold for future review. This decision indicates that the Committee remains interested in you as an applicant to our medical school, but is not prepared to offer you an interview at this time. In conjunction with our rolling admissions process, we ask for your patience as we prepare for a second review of your application. This review typically occurs within 10-12 weeks. We will contact you as soon as there is a change in your status. Thank you for your continued interest in the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University.

I actually had a turnaround of a little over 2 weeks. I submitted my secondary late december early January and recieved my intervier winvite in mid-january. I have since withdrew...hopefully someone can get that spot. Good luck!

AStudent said:
hope you brought a sleeping bag....

11/14/2004 Thank you. CHM has received your Secondary Application. Evaluation of your application will take six to eight weeks. We will notify you by email if your letters of evaluation have not been received by the time the evaluation of your application are complete.

12/01/2004 Your AMCAS and Secondary Applications (without grades or MCAT scores) are now being evaluated by a CHM faculty member and a CHM graduate assistant. Once these assessments are complete, the Committee on Admissions will review your entire application. The Committee will then invite you to attend Interview Day, hold your application for further review, or determine that your application is not competitive for the next entering class. This process will take six to eight weeks. We will notify you by email if we have not received your letters of evaluation by the time your application assessments are complete.

01/25/2005 Dear MSU College of Human Medicine Applicant: The College of Human Medicine Committee on Admissions has reviewed your AMCAS application, Secondary Application, letters of evaluation, and internal ratings of your application to determine whether to invite you to interview for a position in our 2005 entering class. At this time, the Committee has decided to place your application on hold for future review. This decision indicates that the Committee remains interested in you as an applicant to our medical school, but is not prepared to offer you an interview at this time. In conjunction with our rolling admissions process, we ask for your patience as we prepare for a second review of your application. This review typically occurs within 10-12 weeks. We will contact you as soon as there is a change in your status. Thank you for your continued interest in the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my AMCAS, payed the money...

then put on hold...

they gave me a 2ndary Dec 7th when I was interviewing at Cinci... I turned it in late b/c of finals and holidays, so then they reviewed it and...

they put it on hold

As Tom Petty said "The waiting is the hardest part)

AND I DO BELIEVE THIS IS MY POST NUMBER 50 RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!! I officially have no life, oh wait, hehe.

Alderon007 said:
Hey guys,

I received a secondary from MSU 2 weeks ago and submitted it last night. Does anyone know what the typical turnaround time is to hear back from them on an interview decision?

Hello,
I don't know what's standard, but I submitted my secondary over the Thanksgiving holidays and was given an interview invitation 2 or 3 weeks later .... good luck!!!!

Thanks a bunch guys, looks like I'll be waiting for a while...MSU's my only shot left in this application cycle so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Alderon007 said:
Hey guys,

I received my interview at the end of august and got an interview invitation in early september. About 2-3 weeks. If you are curious, call their admissions office. The staff there are really nice and are willing to help. I hope this helps. Good luck!