1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Michigan State for out of state

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by abw, Oct 9, 2002.

1. abw

abw Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey!
    I was wondering if any out of state applicants for Michigan State have received secondaries yet. I sent my check in almost two months ago, but haven't heard a word. When I called, they said they haven't processed my amcas yet. Am I being impatient? At this point, I feel like I don't care what they send me as long as I get something back for my money.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LoveDoc

LoveDoc Respect the Rhesus Monkey
    7+ Year Member

I applied to their post-bacc through AMCAS and submitted my check yesterday.

No return on my $55 investment yet. Keep me posted.

4. Gumshoe

Gumshoe LARGE Member
    10+ Year Member

I applied during the beginning of August ... it took them a little over a month to finally take my $55 and run with it. I am out of state too. They just took my money and didn't even "bother" with me. Don't worry, because it says more about them, than it does about you.

I still don't like the fact that they stole my loot.

In any case, i'm still positive. :p

5. dpy

dpy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

hey,

i applied to msu as an out of state...here's my status from their status page..

07/22/2002 Valid MCATs

07/22/2002 Thank you. Your electronic AMCAS application has been received. CHM will send you a request for a $55 Application Processing Fee once your verified paper AMCAS application has been received.

08/06/2002 First processing fee notice has been sent.

08/06/2002 We have received your verified paper application. Your application will be reviewed once we receive your $55 Application Processing Fee and MCAT scores. If you took the MCAT in August, we will wait to review your application after those scores have arrived (typically mid-October).

08/14/2002 Thank you. CHM has received your application processing fee (or this fee has been waived). If you are an August MCAT taker, CHM will wait for these scores to review your application.

08/18/2002 Congratulations! You have been awarded a CHM Secondary Application. Please watch the U.S. mail for further information.

08/20/2002 Your CHM Secondary Application has been sent. Please watch the U.S. mail for further information.

09/06/2002 Thank you. CHM has received your Secondary Application. Evaluation of your application will take 6-8 weeks. We will notify you by e-mail if your letters of evaluation have not been received within one month of the receipt of your Secondary Application.

09/10/2002 Your Secondary Application has been assigned to raters.

10/01/2002 Congratulations! You have been awarded a CHM Interview Day invitation. Please watch the U.S. mail for further information.

6. LoveDoc

LoveDoc Respect the Rhesus Monkey
    7+ Year Member

What is the password comprised of on the MSU status page?

7. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

How do you go a bout applying to their post bac via AMCAS. I thought you had to be selected into their post bac program if you don't get into their skewl from orginally applying to the medical school.

8. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

How did you acess the status page?
    I did not recieve a password for CHM yet.

9. dpy

dpy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

they gave me the password when they sent me the packet for the secondary. my password was my amcas number with a "d" after it. eg. "12345678d"

10. carmell1981

carmell1981 Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

hi ppls,
    I'm from Mich state. If you guys got secondaries and you're out of state, then you guys are one of the few. I think they only sent in 800 secondaries total last year. Half will get interviewed and half interviewed will get in...something like that.
    Good luck!
    Ang

11. applejuice1979

applejuice1979 Patiently Waiting Member
    7+ Year Member

bump...I'm waiting too

12. lotanna

lotanna Child of God
    7+ Year Member

BIG problem, u cant apply directly to the post bac program at CHM (ABLE program)!!!! You actually have to go through all the steps, secondary, interview, placed on waiting list and not accepted. Believe me, I work in the office and have for past 5yrs!

13. nygirl6464

nygirl6464 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i applied here too...i knew they didn't accept out of staters...but i still did it b/c i was born there. anyways, i was put on hold for a secondary...what the heck is that??? on hold for secondary?? that was a long time ago and i havent' heard anything since then. i think it was about 6 weeks ago. i have given up on that school sincei was put on hold. i guess it is nearly impossible to get in as an out of stater. has anyone heard anything who got a hold for a secondary???

14. lotanna

lotanna Child of God
    7+ Year Member

Interesting, I think u should try calling the office.
    They do accept out of state people, because i know a couple of people from California, Canada, Georgia, NY that have gone through, but since its a state schl, they are obviously more partial to instate.

15. Kovox

Kovox Going Places
    7+ Year Member

Hey,

Is anyone still waiting for Michigan's secondary or has recieved a rejection pre secondary yet?

I submitted my stuff in early october and still no word:rolleyes:

16. Kennysdn

Kennysdn Member
    7+ Year Member

CARMELL1981----------- Lord Byron wrote that