Michigan State University c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emlady09

c/o 20..eventually
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen a thread yet! Who else is applying here?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Applying here as well! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
Im applying, first time, nontraditional and OOS. Good luck to us all !

I applied too! Anyone know how long until we hear from them again? I think I read October but not sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
seems like so far away :(

Reactions: 2 users
I applied and was accepted last cycle. Here is my timeline for those that are anxious and want an approximate timeline of emails! Please note - this is just to give you an *estimate* and dates are going to be different for your cycle so don't get anxious if these dates come and go and you haven't heard anything.

Application submitted to VMCAS 8/24/17
Confirmation of application acceptance from MSU 8/25/17
VMCAS verification of coursework 8/29/17
Followup interview timeline email from MSU 10/30/17
Invitation to interview 11/6/17
Interview 12/1/17
Acceptance 12/20/17

Reactions: 4 users
seems like so far away :(
It does, but it will go by quicker if you find something to occupy your time. Once I submitted my application, I didn't even worry about checking my email until the end of October as I knew I wouldn't hear anything before then. I focused on family and enjoying the time off, because once you get in and classes start, there isn't much time for leisure activities.

It does, but it will go by quicker if you find something to occupy your time. Once I submitted my application, I didn't even worry about checking my email until the end of October as I knew I wouldn't hear anything before then. I focused on family and enjoying the time off, because once you get in and classes start, there isn't much time for leisure activities.
I have an active research study and a note to send my scores to another school ( Wisc) before October. My mind is like..you should check your email but really should be working on plating those samples. Someone pray my bacteria grows :(.

Just to give another timeline for you guys - I was on the later end of things for OOS students during last year's cycle as they rolled out interview invitations over time:

Don't remember when exactly I submitted my app, but I think it was end of August
Email from MSU with application review timeline update on 10/30/17
Interview invitation 12/27/17
Interview 2/2/18 - this was the last interview day they held I believe

I was initially waitlisted (notified 2/14/18 - crappy Valentine's Day, but oh well), but was accepted OOS the day after acceptance decisions were due (acceptance decisions due 4/16, pulled from the waitlist 4/17) for those who were outright accepted as I was pretty high on the waitlist.

I'll be honest that it was a GRUELING wait because everything was drawn out so long, but MSU was really great about emailing general updates and was always willing to give waitlisted students updates on their positions/movement on the list. Regardless, the waiting was worth it because I am happier at MSU than I can imagine being anywhere else. It's a really supportive welcoming place, and I felt that from the time of my interview. YOU GUYS GOT THIS! The good news you are supposed to receive will come when the time is right!

I applied this year as well! IS

Reactions: 3 users
I applied OOS, anxiously awaiting :rolleyes:

Is it November yet!? :pigeon:
Hoping you all are doing well I’m this waiting game :yuck:

Good Luck guys! Feel free to ask any questions. I’ll admit I dont check here as often as I used to!

If you are interested to see what we have been/are doing my friend and I are running a vet school instagram give us a follow
@vetsinpawgress :)

If you are interested to see what we have been/are doing my friend and I are running a vet school instagram give us a follow
@vetsinpawgress :)
Following! :D

Good luck everyone! I am OOS and was waitlisted last year and was accepted about a week after decisions went out. I’m having secondary anxiety thinking of this process. But it is worth it and I’m so happy to be here! Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or need someone to tell you that you will make it!

Good luck everyone! I am OOS and was waitlisted last year and was accepted about a week after decisions went out. I’m having secondary anxiety thinking of this process. But it is worth it and I’m so happy to be here! Please feel free to message me if you have any questions or need someone to tell you that you will make it!
I'm having first hand anxiety waiting D:

I did see that they posted all of their interview dates with the first one being November 30th

So its early November :laugh:

Reactions: 6 users
upload_2018-11-1_8-10-57.png

This is what it says on their website

Reactions: 3 users
gives me anxiety that interview invites are sent up until the last date.... I don't want to have to wait that long!! :(

Soooo today’s my birthday so Michigan should hook a girl up :nod:

Last year, we (IS, first round of invites) found out at the end of the day on the first Monday of November. I volunteered to help on the first two interview days, so maybe I'll see some of you there! Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Last year, we found out at the end of the day on the first Monday of November. I volunteered to help on the first two interview days, so maybe I'll see some of you there! Good luck!

And instate goes the first few days of interviews! The January/feb dates are for OSS applicants. They give you plenty of time to book flights!

And instate goes the first few days of interviews! The January/feb dates are for OSS applicants. They give you plenty of time to book flights!
Don’t they start to tell OOS at the end of November/beginning of December and can send invites later too? Or have they changed it from last year to tell everyone early November?

Oh cool! I was wondering how that worked thanks!

Don’t they start to tell OOS at the end of November/beginning of December and can send invites later too? Or have they changed it from last year to tell everyone early November?

I was OOS last year and I heard around mid-November (11/14). But Invites are sent out in waves. I know people who did receive invites beginning of December. I’m slightly shocked IS hasn’t heard back yet. I’m assuming they probably received more applications or the hurricane delayed invites.

I was OOS last year and I heard around mid-November (11/14). But Invites are sent out in waves. I know people who did receive invites beginning of December. I’m slightly shocked IS hasn’t heard back yet. I’m assuming they probably received more applications or the hurricane delayed invites.
I guess I should have been more specific, I was IS and in the first round of invites.

Last year the hurricanes delayed the cycle even further than this cycle so doubt it. Last year they heard at the beginning of November. It’s halfway through the first day of the month. Early November still has about another week-week and a half