Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Scroll all the way down and there should be a link to a pdf document that you will upload to the link provided in the email.

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else receive an oustanding pre-req email even though all pre-reqs are finished? They said that I'm missing my math requirements. I emailed them and am still waiting for a response. Just wondering if it's just me. o_O
They sent one to me (IS) I would still submit the form as it took them several days to respond to me

Reactions: 1 user
What if I already took a upper division biology course (microbiology) but it’s saying I’m deficient in it?
did you confirm that this micro class counts as upper level? I had what I considered an upper level bio class and they rejected it and I had to take a different class to fill the requirement.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in the form in and am hoping this will be cleared up ASAP; esp since I already took the course they noted as a pre-req deficiency (I couldnt have graduated from undergrad without it!). Does anyone know if they typically follow up to let me know that it’s been cleared up?

Mine said I was missing a gen ed but it doesn't matter if you graduated which I did. Im not sure what gen ed they claim was missing but I had all of them.

So I had AP credit for bio one and my community college sent them a memo to clear things up and they still wanted the form. Honestly I wouldn’t take any chances and I’d fill out the form if I received the email

I’d just fill out the form as accurately as you can - I think it’s very likely they’re trying to coordinate an insane number of moving parts for this cycle, and there are bound to be some snafus. This is the place to correct them.

Does anyone know when we'll hear if we were wailisted or accepted?

Does anyone know when we'll hear if we were wailisted or accepted?
Someone earlier said that IS students were told in their webinar that they'd hear "sometime in the new year." I'm hoping that in the OOS webinars coming up they'll give us a more updated timeline. But my guess is maybe after the 22nd of January since that's when the last OOS webinar is? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: 1 users
I hope IS hears soon!! The wait is killing me at this point 😂

Did other people get a reminder email to submit the pre-req form this morning? I submitted mine already, but I received an email reminding me to submit it before the 11th deadline. Did they send this out to everyone or is it possible that mine did not go through?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did other people get a reminder email to submit the pre-req form this morning? I submitted mine already, but I received an email reminding me to submit it before the 11th deadline. Did they send this out to everyone or is it possible that mine did not go through?
I did too, I think it’s likely they’re sending it to everyone but I’m going to email just to check.

I received the email too. I just sent in the form once again today. (should have checked with them first I guess)

I honestly think it was a form email as a reminder for Friday. Everyone probably got the same one regardless.

For those wondering about the reminder for the deficiencies document, I called MSU yesterday and spoke to the Dean's office. They contacted admissions to reply to an email I had sent because I was concerned about them not having received my document. The email is a courtesy reminder email, everybody should have received it regardless of whether you submitted the Deficiencies document or not. Hope this helps :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello Everyone: For those attending the webinar today, should we be dressing-up? I plan to attend the webinar during my lunch break on my scrubs Lol, hope they dont pay attention to attire. Any input helps. Have a awesome day future vets.

Hello Everyone: For those attending the webinar today, should we be dressing-up? I plan to attend the webinar during my lunch break on my scrubs Lol, hope they dont pay attention to attire. Any input helps. Have a awesome day future vets.
You won’t use your video feed or mic at all during the webinar! There’s just too many people for that. I dressed up a bit in a nice sweater and I felt great, but you could also just wear sweats and stuff and be fine! The only people using their mics/cameras will be the presenters, so don’t stress too much about appearances! ^^

You won’t use your video feed or mic at all during the webinar! There’s just too many people for that. I dressed up a bit in a nice sweater and I felt great, but you could also just wear sweats and stuff and be fine! The only people using their mics/cameras will be the presenters, so don’t stress too much about appearances! ^^
Thank you!!! Scrubs it is then!

They said they were expecting 108 OOS students on the webinar today for those wondering about numbers.

They ask to remain patient until the end of February so.... looks like we have a while!

Also for those of you wondering and not at the webinar today, 229 OOS were invited to the webinar and 55 will be accepted. Everyone else will be waitlisted and they do not over accept. They will be using a mix of CASPer and file review to make final decisions.

Reactions: 3 users
I know a current second year and he was told IS would hear back sometime next week.

• Wow
Also for those of you wondering and not at the webinar today, 229 OOS were invited to the webinar and 55 will be accepted. Everyone else will be waitlisted and they do not over accept. They will be using a mix of CASPer and file review to make final decisions.

Also for those curious they had just over 2100 OOS applications.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Here's the stats from the email...

MSU Application Data for VMCAS 2020-2021

Total number of verified applicants: 2,140 (16.43% increase from last year)

Out-of-state verified applicants: 1,793 (2.34% increase from last year)

Out-of-state applicants in consideration after file review: 226 (applicants will either receive an offer or be placed on the waitlist)

The approximate number of seats for out-of-state applicants: 55

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Here's the stats from the email...

MSU Application Data for VMCAS 2020-2021

Total number of verified applicants: 2,140 (16.43% increase from last year)

Out-of-state verified applicants: 1,793 (2.34% increase from last year)

Out-of-state applicants in consideration after file review: 226 (applicants will either receive an offer or be placed on the waitlist)

The approximate number of seats for out-of-state applicants: 55
wow wow wow wow wow. i know the IS chances aren’t great but jeez i'm glad i’m not OOS. good luck to you and everyone else!

Are any other IS as anxious as I am to hear back?😬

• Care
Any idea when IS is going to hear back?
I really thought it would be this week or last week. But since we haven’t heard anything yet, and the second and last OOS webinar is tomorrow, my guess is that potentially the next week or two could be likely. With covid though, who knows?

My mom is friends with the past secretary to the dean of MSU— they get their nails done together lmao— and the last my mom heard from her, they’re a bit behind since they’re doing everything remotely.

But here’s hoping to hearing soon 🤞:oops:

Yeah :/ I talked to a second year student who comes into the vet clinic I work at and she said MSU CVM is sooo behind in everything. I’m just trying to stay calm and not think about it too much. I’m sure they’re going to try to release decisions as soon as they can.

Well i guess knowing they’re behind makes me feel a bit better so I’m not constantly checking my email

sooo are we 100% sure student video and mics are turned off for the info sessions? ya girl just tested positive for covid and I'd love to not have to worry about my appearance tonight 😅...

• Care
sooo are we 100% sure student video and mics are turned off for the info sessions? ya girl just tested positive for covid and I'd love to not have to worry about my appearance tonight 😅...
Yes 1000000%, you don’t even have the option to unmute or turn your camera on.

Has OOS gotten any hints as to when they may hear back -asking as an IS myself

Just got an email that they received my form I submitted. My heart about left my chest.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey IS applicants! I just got news that we’ll be hearing around mid-February, so we can all stop refreshing our emails every 5 minutes 😂

Hey IS applicants! I just got news that we’ll be hearing around mid-February, so we can all stop refreshing our emails every 5 minutes 😂
Hey! Just curious as to where you got that information?

I saw someone post on the fb about getting a one health webinar invite?? Did anyone on here get it?

Curious about the same thing! I didn’t get an invite :(
I didn’t either. Now a current student commented on it and said that they got the same invite to it. I’m thinking it may be their newsletter thing.

I didn’t either. Now a current student commented on it and said that they got the same invite to it. I’m thinking it may be their newsletter thing.
yeah the invite doesn't have anything to do with admissions. It's just one of many events that MSU CVM puts on and includes in their newsletter. Anyone who doesn't currently go to MSU wouldn't have gotten an invite, so don't stress!

yeah the invite doesn't have anything to do with admissions. It's just one of many events that MSU CVM puts on and includes in their newsletter. Anyone who doesn't currently go to MSU wouldn't have gotten an invite, so don't stress!
But it looks like an applicant from this cycle got an invite?

But it looks like an applicant from this cycle got an invite?
Yeah! But she’s currently a student at MSU and told me that she’s on all of their newsletters because she’s a pre-vet major.