Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My guess is that they will respond to updates tomorrow since I’m pretty sure the office closes at 5 pm EST. I’ve never gotten an email from them past 4:45

Members don't see this ad.

I guess we all hear tomorrow then :/

Has anyone heard anything yet? I emailed around 7 AM this morning

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything yet? I emailed around 7 AM this morning
I called around 9:30am today and got a message that they aren’t in the office and to send an email. Sent an email but haven’t heard anything, I’m assuming they’ll get back to us eventually over the next few business days

Guys I know you are excited but maybe give them a couple days to sort through all the yes/no responses so they know how many spots to offer to in state vs out of state?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I declined my OOS seat today- good luck everyone! =)

Reactions: 1 user
Guys I know you are excited but maybe give them a couple days to sort through all the yes/no responses so they know how many spots to offer to in state vs out of state?
Guilty :whistle:

Just got an email this am, #61 to #52 @8:32 am, guess im not getting in this year...

I’m pretty discouraged. I didn’t move at all. Still IS #8

• Care
Moved from OOS #54 to #45! I don't think they've actually pulled anyone from the waitlist yet, so any movement might only be from people who have taken themselves off the waitlist. I'm staying optimistic for lots of movement after 15th! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just declined my OOS offer in favor of UPenn. I'm so grateful to have been selected and hopefully my spot will go to one of y'all! Best of luck to everyone, we're all going to be amazing doctors one day 🥰

Just got the email State will be holding in-person labs for year 1, 2, and 3 students which makes me happy because I am 100% a hands on learner! ☺️

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the email State will be holding in-person labs for year 1, 2, and 3 students which makes me happy because I am 100% a hands on learner! ☺️
Can any current students let me know what their year one lab schedule was like? If all classes are online, would commuting just for labs make sense? I just don’t know if it’s an every day thing or only a few days a week, and I’m trying to weigh my options!🙈🙈 Thank you!!

Can any current students let me know what their year one lab schedule was like? If all classes are online, would commuting just for labs make sense? I just don’t know if it’s an every day thing or only a few days a week, and I’m trying to weigh my options!🙈🙈 Thank you!!
It depends on what system course you are taking. For musculoskeletal, we were in lab every day for several hours and in immunology/hematology we only had labs 1-2x per week. I think on average, you're probably going to have labs 2-3x per week. They also mentioned to us that year 1 and 2 labs would be in the morning (in general) and year 3 in the afternoon. They would also like to have some in person classes, but that will all depend on room availability/capacity allowed, what infection rates are like, etc. this fall.

It also depends on how far you are talking about driving and how early you like to get up (am classes/labs generally start at 8am. The latest classes end is 5pm). Most of us lived within a 30min drive to school. A few classmates live an hour away and commuted every day prior to COVID.

It depends on what system course you are taking. For musculoskeletal, we were in lab every day for several hours and in immunology/hematology we only had labs 1-2x per week. I think on average, you're probably going to have labs 2-3x per week. They also mentioned to us that year 1 and 2 labs would be in the morning (in general) and year 3 in the afternoon. They would also like to have some in person classes, but that will all depend on room availability/capacity allowed, what infection rates are like, etc. this fall.

It also depends on how far you are talking about driving and how early you like to get up (am classes/labs generally start at 8am. The latest classes end is 5pm). Most of us lived within a 30min drive to school. A few classmates live an hour away and commuted every day prior to COVID.
Thank you so much for your response!! All of that really helps! I live about an hour away, but my husband has to stay where we currently live due to his job :( That’s why I’m having such a hard time deciding what to do. If everything was all in person I would definitely rent a room up in EL/Lansing area to live, but with only labs in person I was thinking about possibly commuting.

Just officially declined my OOS seat, hope someone on here can take it up! Good luck to you all!

For anyone currently on the waitlist IS or OOS: I received an email from Lauren Brown today stating that they will email us if we are offered admission or move up to spots 1 or 2!

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? Either IS or OOS? As of the 17th my updated OOS # is 46 (originally 55). Just curious to see as to when they will start pulling ppl off the waitlist.

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? Either IS or OOS? As of the 17th my updated OOS # is 46 (originally 55). Just curious to see as to when they will start pulling ppl off the waitlist.
I don't think they've pulled anyone yet, the only movement was probably from people taking themselves off the waitlist. I'm guessing most of the movement is gonna happen after April 15th (T-minus 3 weeks!)

I don't think they've pulled anyone yet, the only movement was probably from people taking themselves off the waitlist. I'm guessing most of the movement is gonna happen after April 15th (T-minus 3 weeks!)
as far as I've heard, I believe this is correct. It doesn't sound like anyone has been pulled off the waitlist

Just removed myself from the oos waitlist due to getting into Ross! Good luck everyone!

OOS acceptance today!!! Doesn’t feel real.

• Love
OOS acceptance! I was #38 on the waitlist

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Well here’s to hoping the IS waitlist begins moving also. As of 3/17 I hadn’t moved at all from position #8 which I thought was weird because someone on Facebook said they were declining their IS seat. I’m not sure if MSU over accepted this year or not

Will we know when they’ve filled all their seats? Hopefully we won’t be kept in limbo if there’s no hope..I was #52 OOS, was #43 as of 3/17 and I’m unsure how to feel.
Yes they will send an email when they’ve filled all seats. This won’t happen until June or July. You’re probably much closer now since it looks like OOS #38 was called off and that makes you #5 if I’m doing my math right. I have suspicion that they send out acceptances from the waitlist on Wednesdays since many of their previous updates from the admissions process came on a wednesday

Did anyone hear anything today? I’m super anxious as there commit deadline approaches

I'm so anxious about the update we get next wk. Originally 55 on the waitlist, by 3/17 I was 46. 🤞🏻 I get in, this is my last hope to getting in for this round.

• Care
I got pulled off the IS waitlist! So excited to meet everyone in the fall!!!

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Just got pulled off the OOS waitlist 😭❤️ I was number #54 to start (MSU is my dream school so I WILL be accepting) See y’all in the fall 🥰

• Love
PULLED OFF THE WAITLIST!!!!!! See y’all in the Fall!!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I got pulled off the IS waitlist! So excited to meet everyone in the fall!!!
Congrats!!! I’ve honestly been rooting for you 😅😬 and congrats to everyone else as well!! I’m so excited to meet ya’ll!! ^^

• Love
  • Care
Congrats!!! I’ve honestly been rooting for you 😅😬 and congrats to everyone else as well!! I’m so excited to meet ya’ll!! ^^
Thank you so much! I’m so excited to be a Spartan and I’m so excited to meet everyone!!

• Care
Got my acceptance! Moving from Texas to Michigan will for sure be a change, but I'm excited!! Can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall!

• Love
Got pulled off the waitlist for OOS today but declining for Purdue. Good luck to everyone!!!!

Quick couple of questions before I submit my application and deposit. Do I need an MSU email and PID before proceeding? I don’t know my PID...

Quick couple of questions before I submit my application and deposit. Do I need an MSU email and PID before proceeding? I don’t know my PID...
I think that’s only for the peeps to also went to MSU for undergrad, so if you don’t have one then you just leave it blank

Does anyone know what the queer community is like within the CVM/East Lansing? I am openly lesbian and am hoping to connect w/other LGBT+ folks in the profession!

Does anyone know what the queer community is like within the CVM/East Lansing? I am openly lesbian and am hoping to connect w/other LGBT+ folks in the profession!
Unfortunately the lgbt group ended last year at cvm. I am too old to tell you anything about a scene, but every year has a good number of us so I am sure someone younger can help guide you lol

Does anyone know how enrollment in classes works? We all take the same classes in year one right? Are there just multiple times to choose from?

Does anyone know how enrollment in classes works? We all take the same classes in year one right? Are there just multiple times to choose from?

The times don't mean anything. Enroll for what you're instructed to and you'll get a class schedule around orientation. Each class/cohort takes all the same classes together, yes!

When you create your NetID and go to the new student page in the email, you can open up a PDF with all of the instructions on enrolling and exactly what classes to enroll in!