Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wouldn't panic if you guys didn't receive the email confirming receipt of your CASPer scores right away. I took the CASPer on 8/23 and submitted my scores to MSU right away, received the email inviting me to take the CASPer on 9/22 (the same day I was verified), but just got the email that my CASPer was received this morning. I think it's just taking them a while to go through all the applications.

This email also stated that "notification of continuation in the process will be made by email by December 31, 2020" so not too much longer of a wait compared to other schools!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I wouldn't panic if you guys didn't receive the email confirming receipt of your CASPer scores right away. I took the CASPer on 8/23 and submitted my scores to MSU right away, received the email inviting me to take the CASPer on 9/22 (the same day I was verified), but just got the email that my CASPer was received this morning. I think it's just taking them a while to go through all the applications.

This email also stated that "notification of continuation in the process will be made by email by December 31, 2020" so not too much longer of a wait compared to other schools!!
Well that's a little hopeful. I just want to make sure that the school receives my score. But when it means by "notification of continuation in the process will be made by email by December 31, 2020" does that mean that we could receive decisions by then?

Reactions: 1 user
Well that's a little hopeful. I just want to make sure that the school receives my score. But when it means by "notification of continuation in the process will be made by email by December 31, 2020" does that mean that we could receive decisions by then?

I would think that

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a CASPer invite this morning, despite receiving the e-mail about not hearing anything until November. It does seem that if you meet their requirements you will receive one! I submitted 9/14 and was verified 9/17.

I just got an email stating that my CASPER scores were received!! :soexcited:

Am still waiting for that email :unsure: sent my scores 09/17

Has anyone NOT received a CASPER email yet? Waiting is making me crazy!

I have not (about 47 days since sent), but Lauren Brown emailed me and said they are entering CASPer results manually so it is taking longer. They send emails once they enter them.

I thought it was wild that it isn't an automated system. Lord knows the jobs they do in admissions is already stressful enough!

Still waiting and my email can only refresh so fast!

I sent my scores on 9/17. I only received the November email so I am just anticipating I won't be receiving the news I was hoping for. I know I meet the requirements, so I am not quite sure why my scores wouldn't be considered but who knows! I feel like if I am too hopeful right now, I will be SUPER bummed come November if I get a rejection letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got my CASPer invite today! Based on what they sent me, they are sending it out based on if you meet the academic requirements, so I would say if you meet those but haven't heard back yet, don't panic!!! They probably haven't gotten to your application yet! (I am OOS non-traditional, btw). Best of luck to everyone!

Got my CASPer invite today! Based on what they sent me, they are sending it out based on if you meet the academic requirements, so I would say if you meet those but haven't heard back yet, don't panic!!! They probably haven't gotten to your application yet! (I am OOS non-traditional, btw). Best of luck to everyone!

Got mine today as well and I have the same feeling-you get sent one if you meet academic requirements.

There’s legitimately no way that they do it based on reading your application materials. I submitted my application on September 2, and received the email for the Casper on September 3rd. If you meet the academic requirements you will get an email asking for Casper scores.

I got mine today too! Hate that we won't have any idea until the end of December but the longer they take to look at applications the more chance each one of us has so hopefully a good thing!

I still haven’t even received verification they got my Casper results and it’s really making me nervous

How do I know if I met the requirements?? I know I have above a 3.0 in all of those but is there anywhere I can see it?

How do I know if I met the requirements?? I know I have above a 3.0 in all of those but is there anywhere I can see it?

I don’t know if MSU is calculating some of their own GPAs, but VMCAS calculated GPAs for you so you can at least check those if you download your app from MSU from the VMCAS site!

Also, I wish MSU would give us solid clarity on what their CASPer sitch is. Like it’s great everyone is getting that extra opportunity to show themselves off and if they meet academic requirements and I appreciate that, but if they’re manually inputting scores, that seems like a lot of extra work on themselves to have so many people send scores?

I’m IS and since the deadline to send scores is November 17 for me, I’m not gonna email them about verification until a bit closer. I know it’s coming up, but my scores should also be dated as sent in September. For OOS people who haven’t received verification, since your scores aren’t due until December, I’d not worry either? Manually inputting has gotta take forever.

Reactions: 2 users
I also cannot recommend this school. I highly recommend that if you have other offers - you should take them. And if this is the only school that you are accepted to, then I'd strongly advise waiting it out another year and reapplying to different schools.

Last edited:
I also cannot recommend this school. I highly recommend that if you have other offers - you should take them. And if this is the only school that you are accepted to, then I'd strongly advise waiting it out another year and reapplying to different schools.

Can you further elaborate on why?

Reactions: 1 users

Would you be willing to elaborate a little more? Previously I've heard good things about this school but I've heard some chatter that things have declined but nothing specific!

No, I cannot elaborate further. I am sorry. The school makes you sign a legal document when you start - akin to a confidentiality agreement - that prohibits talking negatively about the school via the internet. If you do so you are at risk for being released from the program. If you want to do your own research, you might start with googling the MSU curriculum "reinvention" - and you will note that none of the players who spearheaded this overhaul are still at the school. That ought to set off alarm bells for you.

No, I cannot elaborate further. I am sorry. The school makes you sign a legal document when you start - akin to a confidentiality agreement - that prohibits talking negatively about the school via the internet. If you do so you are at risk for being released from the program. If you want to do your own research, you might start with googling the MSU curriculum "reinvention" - and you will note that none of the players who spearheaded this overhaul are still at the school. That ought to set off alarm bells for you.

Okay! Thank you for the information, I will continue to do more research.

I have been doing research with this curriculum to the best that I can and watching the video about the MSU curriculum "reinvention". I don't know who spearheaded this new curriculum because I either missed it or it wasn't included on the website (if you can kindly guide me I would appreciate it). I am trying not to offend you writing this, but if I do I apologize in advance. I just need more context. Why is it so bad? Is it bad that the new curriculum focuses on one subject every couple of weeks? Is it the disorganization? Feeling like they are making it up as they go? Unless we know what is really going on then I feel like this is based on a matter of opinions.

I have been doing research with this curriculum to the best that I can and watching the video about the MSU curriculum "reinvention". I don't know who spearheaded this new curriculum because I either missed it or it wasn't included on the website (if you can kindly guide me I would appreciate it). I am trying not to offend you writing this, but if I do I apologize in advance. I just need more context. Why is it so bad? Is it bad that the new curriculum focuses on one subject every couple of weeks? Is it the disorganization? Feeling like they are making it up as they go? Unless we know what is really going on then I feel like this is based on a matter of opinions.

I can’t find anything on this either. But now there are two people who have said never go there and I guess I’m still confused why.

I would also like some more information. This is a school I am very interested in, but it sounds like students are not having great experiences. I am curious to know why, especially if it’s large problems. We’re investing a lot into our education so I think it would be helpful to hear more specific information.

I would also like some more information. This is a school I am very interested in, but it sounds like students are not having great experiences. I am curious to know why, especially if it’s large problems. We’re investing a lot into our education so I think it would be helpful to hear more specific information.
I agree. Michigan is one of my top choices and according to what I collected, I think I might excel in a program where they focus on one subject per a couple of weeks. But now I am hearing from now a couple of people on this forum to not go to this school.

I am a current 2nd year (℅ 2023) at MSU and I am personally thriving in the new curriculum. Things are not being made up as we go (I can only speak for my own experience). That being said, if you can't self motivate, effectively manage your time and keep yourself on track (due dates, etc.), then you might really struggle in the program (this is all amplified during COVID with online classes). Again, my personal opinion...but I am very happy I chose MSU.

Reactions: 6 users
I am a current 2nd year (℅ 2023) at MSU and I am personally thriving in the new curriculum. Things are not being made up as we go (I can only speak for my own experience). That being said, if you can't self motivate, effectively manage your time and keep yourself on track (due dates, etc.), then you might really struggle in the program (this is all amplified during COVID with online classes). Again, my personal opinion...but I am very happy I chose MSU.
may I message you privately? I have a couple of questions about the curriculum.

That's 3 different people who have said be very careful about choosing this school, one of the others who posted on here earlier got deleted. I am getting a little nervous, I know that is no perfect program but seems suspicious all these people saying these things!

Are there any other IS student registered to take the CASPer on Nov 17th? I was re reading the invite email from MSU and it states that the results must be posted before Nov 17th in order to be considered for the next step of the process. I was unsure if that meant we needed to take the test before Nov 17th or if we could take it on Nov 17th still?

I JUST received my CASPer invite today. I'm OOS submitted VMCAS 9/14. I took my CASPer 10/13 and I don't think they received the score yet.

Are there any other IS student registered to take the CASPer on Nov 17th? I was re reading the invite email from MSU and it states that the results must be posted before Nov 17th in order to be considered for the next step of the process. I was unsure if that meant we needed to take the test before Nov 17th or if we could take it on Nov 17th still?

You might want to email MSU to clarify further with them. It takes CASPer about 2-3 weeks to score your test and disburse the scores.

Still have not received verification they got my Casper scores and it’s been 5 weeks... I already emailed them once inquiring and they replied that they would send me an email once they got them. My Casper portal has said sent for 4 weeks.

Still have not received verification they got my Casper scores and it’s been 5 weeks... I already emailed them once inquiring and they replied that they would send me an email once they got them. My Casper portal has said sent for 4 weeks.
I got my CASPER verification email 6 weeks after I sent them my scores. So I hope you get verified soon. :)

Let's hope OOS students hear decisions around December and not March like last year :xf:

Hello! I received an OOS invite for the CASPer test on Thursday. Regarding when to take the test it says:

“Non-Michigan residents are required to complete the CASPer test by December 10, 2020. CASPer test results posted after the December 10, 2020 date will not be considered. Failure to complete the CASPer test by December 10, 2020, will result in failure to move forward in the selection process. The result will be a deny for the 2020-21 cycle.”

So do I need to just take the test before 12/10 or do I need my scores posted and received by MSU by 12/10?

Hello! I received an OOS invite for the CASPer test on Thursday. Regarding when to take the test it says:

“Non-Michigan residents are required to complete the CASPer test by December 10, 2020. CASPer test results posted after the December 10, 2020 date will not be considered. Failure to complete the CASPer test by December 10, 2020, will result in failure to move forward in the selection process. The result will be a deny for the 2020-21 cycle.”

So do I need to just take the test before 12/10 or do I need my scores posted and received by MSU by 12/10?

Sounds like received by to me

I'm confused why they would even offer 12/10 as a possible date if they scores needed to be posted and received by that date. It would seem like they're setting you up for failure that way.

Let us know if you email them and what they say. Im OOS but I'm taking CASper the 17th and now I'm worried that my scores won't get to them by the December 10th deadline.

Let us know if you email them and what they say. Im OOS but I'm taking CASper the 17th and now I'm worried that my scores won't get to them by the December 10th deadline.
I’m freaking out as I am in IS and am registered for Nov 17th and there is no other options for me to take it.