Michigan State University c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! I received an OOS invite for the CASPer test on Thursday. Regarding when to take the test it says:

“Non-Michigan residents are required to complete the CASPer test by December 10, 2020. CASPer test results posted after the December 10, 2020 date will not be considered. Failure to complete the CASPer test by December 10, 2020, will result in failure to move forward in the selection process. The result will be a deny for the 2020-21 cycle.”

So do I need to just take the test before 12/10 or do I need my scores posted and received by MSU by 12/10?

I took it as received by 12/10. If you haven't taken the test yet I would sign up for it ASAP because it takes 2-3 weeks for the scores to be sent. However, I read this from the CASPER website. " It may take some extra time for individual programs to update the status of your CASPer score in their system. Please allow programs ample time to update their system. " So please plan accordingly.

Members don't see this ad.

Just to clarify for everyone. Lauren just emailed and said you can take the test on Nov 17th. So for OOS you could take it 12/10.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for clarifying 10.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't panic if you guys didn't receive the email confirming receipt of your CASPer scores right away. I took the CASPer on 8/23 and submitted my scores to MSU right away, received the email inviting me to take the CASPer on 9/22 (the same day I was verified), but just got the email that my CASPer was received this morning. I think it's just taking them a while to go through all the applications.

This email also stated that "notification of continuation in the process will be made by email by December 31, 2020" so not too much longer of a wait compared to other schools!!
I'm OOS and I had almost the same situation! I sent my CASPer scores pre-invite because I took it for Kansas, then I received an invite. Never got the November email, but DID last week get the received scores email (about 2 months after the scores were sent by CASPer) and the December 31st email! Not sure what's going on but I think it's a bit of a mess, and not panicking will do us all the best for our mental health:(

Hi all! Just joined the group and having an issue that maybe someone can relate to. So I'm a junior in college graduating a year early, meaning I just applied for c/o 2025 to nine schools. Some of my prereqs are still in progress but most are done. Just got an email from MSU an hour ago that my application won't be considered because I haven't completed over 50% of the prereqs. I don't think this is accurate; I've completed 4 of the 7 bullets on their prereq list, and even if you were to list each required science class individually, I've completed 6 of 11 (the rest are in progress). I'm lowkey freaking out and didn't know if anyone else experienced something similar.

Hi all! Just joined the group and having an issue that maybe someone can relate to. So I'm a junior in college graduating a year early, meaning I just applied for c/o 2025 to nine schools. Some of my prereqs are still in progress but most are done. Just got an email from MSU an hour ago that my application won't be considered because I haven't completed over 50% of the prereqs. I don't think this is accurate; I've completed 4 of the 7 bullets on their prereq list, and even if you were to list each required science class individually, I've completed 6 of 11 (the rest are in progress). I'm lowkey freaking out and didn't know if anyone else experienced something similar.

Feel free to pm me with all your stuff and I can tell you if it’s accurate. I’ve done this many times and I can figure it out relatively quickly!

I just got an email from MSU today saying I didn't meet the minimum GPA requirement so my application would not advance to further review. On their website, they list 2.75 is the minimum, is this everyone else's findings? I know my GPA beats this minimum, so I am a little confused. I spoke with someone in the undergrad admissions department today and she said that this was the third call she received about this today. Does anyone know anything about this? I did already email the school. Did anyone else get this email and is in the same situation as me?
I also got an invite to take the casper test as an OOS and I did that and sent them my scores already.

I just got an email from MSU today saying I didn't meet the minimum GPA requirement so my application would not advance to further review. On their website, they list 2.75 is the minimum, is this everyone else's findings? I know my GPA beats this minimum, so I am a little confused. I spoke with someone in the undergrad admissions department today and she said that this was the third call she received about this today. Does anyone know anything about this? I did already email the school. Did anyone else get this email and is in the same situation as me?

I also got this email and am very confused. My GPA is 3.46 and my science is 3.5 so idk what their minimum is...

I also got this email and am very confused. My GPA is 3.46 and my science is 3.5 so idk what their minimum is...

I am glad I am not the only one, because I got an invite to take the capser test and send them my results which I already did.

What number are yall calling about these issues? I emailed but anxiety is too high to wait

Members don't see this ad :)
What number are yall calling about these issues? I emailed but anxiety is too high to wait
I called the regular university undergrad admissions department because they share an office with the CVM admissions. I know I emailed too and the anxiety is eating me alive

I took it as received by 12/10. If you haven't taken the test yet I would sign up for it ASAP because it takes 2-3 weeks for the scores to be sent. However, I read this from the CASPER website. " It may take some extra time for individual programs to update the status of your CASPer score in their system. Please allow programs ample time to update their system. " So please plan accordingly.

I got the same email and I have over 50 percent of the pre-reqs

I also got an invite to take the casper test as an OOS and I did that and sent them my scores already.

I'm guessing this is not the issue if they're getting multiple calls about it, but where did you see 2.75? As far as I'm aware the minimum is 3.0

image-2020-11-05-18:07:21-000.jpg

It is a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale not 2.75

Reactions: 1 users
I got the same email and I have over 50 percent of the pre-reqs

Are all your grades above a 2.0? They will not count if they aren’t. That’s the only thing I could think of that would mess it up?

I'm guessing this is not the issue if they're getting multiple calls about it, but where did you see 2.75? As far as I'm aware the minimum is 3.0
Thank you for finding that, my GPA is still above a 3.0! So I am still very concerned.

I got this email as well I’m not sure what do. The vmcas said my science gpa was 3.1 and my overall was 3.3. Do you know if msu uses different conditions to get the science gpa? If any one gets answers let us know please!

I got this email as well I’m not sure what do. The vmcas said my science gpa was 3.1 and my overall was 3.3. Do you know if msu uses different conditions to get the science gpa? If any one gets answers let us know please!

Yes they use different conditions to measure. It depends on their science gpa. Feel free to pm me and I’ll elaborate

I have a pretty good GPA too and it turns out it's because of 1 individual class where I did poorly. So doesn't really matter what your overall or science GPA is, if you have one class where you got a C- instead of a C, it doesnt as being completed.

• Sad
I got the email as well (cumulative 3.48 and science 3.22). I have some C's but I have no C- on my transcripts. I hope it was a mistake, or maybe they raised the GPA cutoff this year?

I got the email as well (cumulative 3.48 and science 3.22). I have some C's but I have no C- on my transcripts. I hope it was a mistake, or maybe they raised the GPA cutoff this year?

They can do that when the class is very competitive. They won’t throw out your app per se but they can’t can say that you’re no longer a competitive applicant. Like Iowa last year increased their cut off to 3.00 because the amount of competitive applicants. If that makes sense lol

They can do that when the class is very competitive. They won’t throw out your app per se but they can’t can say that you’re no longer a competitive applicant. Like Iowa last year increased their cut off to 3.00 because the amount of competitive applicants. If that makes sense lol
I am a bit confused. :sorry: So if you received the email, then you're not a strong applicant but you still might be in the running?

I will say I did email them over the summer, Michigan only takes your highest grade if you've repeated a class. I am not seeing an email in my inbox, but I will say my science is around a 3.4-ish (I mean if you are good a physics I bow down), but because I have my bachelors they are only looking at my graduate school GPA for my last 18 which is a 4.0.

I do recommend reaching out to admissions if you think your GPA calculations are wrong! LSU miscalculated my GPA by .3 points this year!

Has anyone heard back from admissions about their incorrect emails?

Did anyone IS recieve one of those GPA emails? And is anyone IS still waiting on a CASPer score confirmation email from MSU? I emailed them Monday to ask if they got my scores and I’m still waiting to here back so just curious as the deadline is approaching for IS.

Did anyone IS recieve one of those GPA emails? And is anyone IS still waiting on a CASPer score confirmation email from MSU? I emailed them Monday to ask if they got my scores and I’m still waiting to here back so just curious as the deadline is approaching for IS.
I got a CASPer confirmation today!

I’m IS and still waiting for confirmation of scores. I emailed last week to see if they got them and haven’t heard anything back yet either

Makes me feel better! But since the deadline is a week away for IS I wanted to check!

I sent my Casper scores in first week of September and I just received an email that they received them. So if anyone else is still worried about that, thought I’d provide an update!

Just got the confirmation email! lmao

I just got my confirmation email for my Casper scores (I took it on October 29th).

Received an email this morning inviting me to move forward in the selection process :)

CASPer invite?
No, I already did the CASPer. In the email it says, "Your file review and CASPer results have been reviewed to move you forward in the process." The email explains that it is an invite for a virtual reception webinar to hear from the dean, financial aid, admin, faculty, and current students. I am IS.

No, I already did the CASPer. In the email it says, "Your file review and CASPer results have been reviewed to move you forward in the process." The email explains that it is an invite for a virtual reception webinar to hear from the dean, financial aid, admin, faculty, and current students. I am IS.

I’m assuming then we won’t be hearing final decisions by December 31st, it will be receiving that email by December 31st.

Does that email mean you were admitted?