Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflwr85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone gotten an interview yet? How long is it taking people to get a status change after submission? thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone gotten an interview yet? How long is it taking people to get a status change after submission? thanks!

no i think they scammed me.......they took my secondary money and RAN to MEXICO!!!!!!!!

so far, the only interview I know of is a girl who had a 27 MCAT. I feel like they go for thier "target" students before going for those with the really high stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
so far, the only interview I know of is a girl who had a 27 MCAT. I feel like they go for thier "target" students before going for those with the really high stats.

when you say "target" do you mean "URM"...cause thats what it sounded like!!!!!!!!!!

it was a hilarious way to say it though....im still laughing!!!

when you say "target" do you mean "URM"...cause thats what it sounded like!!!!!!!!!!

uhm?

and they took my money too. been like 2 months.

I got an interview invite a week ago. They have a weird process....they invited me to an interview without a secondary. I have to complete the secondary app before the interview and I guess they will go over it with me then.

I got an interview invite a week ago. They have a weird process....they invited me to an interview without a secondary. I have to complete the secondary app before the interview and I guess they will go over it with me then.

thats what they do with everyone!!....not too weird...they said so in the email to send them money...

ps. are you a "target" of theirs that the other poster mentioned?

Hey watch it kids. I've gotten an interview. Check my stats via link below (I don't post them on the forums), and yes, I'm a white boy (although an in-state white boy). My experiences do demonstrate a commitment to the underserved, as does my personal statement. MSU is clearly a primary care institution, so kids with stellar stats and research, but lacking in compassion (at least in their ECs and PS) may not be exactly what they're looking for.

I do agree that their whole "send us money before we even look at your app" is quite cheezy though.

MSU is clearly a primary care institution, so kids with stellar stats and research, but lacking in compassion (at least in their ECs and PS) may not be exactly what they're looking for.

darn it!!! i guess im out!.....

Well, I would have said that your earlier comment already demonstrated a lack of compassion...

which comment would that be?

ps.. i was hinting at the STELLAR STATS part...by the way....LOOSEN UP!

which comment would that be?

ps.. i was hinting at the STELLAR STATS part...by the way....LOOSEN UP!

The one about URMs, but let's NOT start debating it (as there are umpteen other threads to do so). I'd say it's better to just not bring the topic up.

The one about URMs, but let's NOT start debating it (as there are umpteen other threads to do so). I'd say its better to just not bring the topic up.

im not the one who brought it up......another poster said....their "TARGETS" with a sarcastic tone to his rest of post----i merely ASKED if he meant URM....i did not say it was URM i just ASKED!

you seem rather uncompassionate by ure quick accusations without even knowing the truth......hopefully you will get some help for that!...you patients depend on it!

Members don't see this ad :)
by "target" I mean students who wont turn down MSU once they get into a "better" school. way to be mature guys.

/and MSU isnt so AA-heavy as is UofM. P

Looking at past years threads, a lot of students with stats above their average were invited for interview in october and beyond. As long as they don't send you a rejection, some hope remains.

i interiewed at msu 2 years ago in sept... my mcat was 33. i think the invite people based on gpa/mcat.

i interiewed at msu 2 years ago in sept... my mcat was 33. i think the invite people based on gpa/mcat.

I think they invite based on your PS and somewhat your GPA. The MCAT is looked at but they value the primary application for deciding whether or not to invite for an interview.

I think they invite based on your PS and somewhat your GPA. The MCAT is looked at but they value the primary application for deciding whether or not to invite for an interview.

ahhaha .......your cat is funny.......he's wearing a hat....still laughing!!!!

uhm?

and they took my money too. been like 2 months.

Same here too Robizzle...got my money and havent heard from them since...been almost 2 months and no peep!

Same here too Robizzle...got my money and havent heard from them since...been almost 2 months and no peep!

I submitted the preliminary payment within an hour of when they first emailed it to everybody back in July. Since then I have heard nothing. I haven't gotten an interview... or been placed on hold.

They got my money in early July and send me an invite/secondary August 23. It does take a while, so I don't think it's worth worrying yet. Their first interview date isn't even till this coming Thursday!