Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunflwr85

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard anything from Michigan State recently? I've been "under preliminary review" for over a month. Anyone had any success calling about their status? Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview comming up there Nov 9th... I'm out of state and don't really know that much about the school. The medical leaders program and the joint classes with DO students makes the school seem really progressive, I also like the community focus. Other than that I don't know a whole lot about the school, so I'd love to hear some other people's opinions about it.

I have an interview comming up there Nov 9th... I'm out of state and don't really know that much about the school. The medical leaders program and the joint classes with DO students makes the school seem really progressive, I also like the community focus. Other than that I don't know a whole lot about the school, so I'd love to hear some other people's opinions about it.

its undergrad is known as a party school

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone heard anything from Michigan State recently? I've been "under preliminary review" for over a month. Anyone had any success calling about their status? Thanks :)

I've been "under preliminary review" since August 15. I'm also wondering if I anyone has called about their status.

the people from my school who've gotten interviews have all been really random. No real correlation with MCAT. Also know of one person who's "on hold" there and it said so in thier status.

My status at MSU hasn't changed since 7/21 when I paid the secondary fee. I called after a few months and some rude woman over the phone basically said to me, "your status page is what it is". I recieved an i-view almost immediately from UMich and was thinking maybe that I'd only have to make one trip home but no dice, screw 'em.
:)

Yeah, I've been on "prelim review" since mid August and haven't heard from them yet. I'm thinking they took my money and ran... :(

for those of you who have interviewed at msu:

i just received the secondary request from msu and am wondering what the time frame is for interviews. after submitting your secondary, how much notice did they give you guys for your interview date?

At least two weeks if I remember correctly...maybe more

for those of you who have interviewed at msu:

i just received the secondary request from msu and am wondering what the time frame is for interviews. after submitting your secondary, how much notice did they give you guys for your interview date?

when did you submit your payment?

I have been complete since late July and still under prelim review! I'd say it is a rejection...

I recieved my secondary about 3 weeks ago, submitted it last week and my interview isn't until Nov. 30th!

I've been put on hold at MSU. Not sure why

payment received: 7/14
interview offered: 8/23
Interview: 9/21
Acceptance offer: 10/24
(the next admission offers will go out 11/28 then 12/19...I paid attention during the presentation)

They said they are using holds a lot more this year because they are increasing class size fomr 103 to 153 (or 107 to 157), and don't want to fill to quickly.

Good luck everyone!

For those of you who have been put on hold, does it say so in the status page? Or did you receive any notification? Mine still says "under prelim review..."

my page still says "under review" or "ready for review" or something. one of my friends did get an email saying she was on hold though.