michigan state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zdralej

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Do you guys know if it is okay to send letters of reference when you get the supplemental invitation? I finished my supplemental back in august, but in early septemeber I asked all my referees to prepare letters for this college, and what do you know..they were extremelly fast, and sent them.

Eventhough after I noticed that they say " letters should be sent upon request"...

anybody know this?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I also accidentally sent a committee packet to MSU. I called the Office of Admissions and they said that it was okay. They are just going to throw the letters away...and then ask for them to be re-sent on a later date. Kinda ******ed; nonetheless, not a big deal!

In my letter it said that if the letters were already sent then to just disregard the request so I don't think they throw the letters away...they probably just file them like every other school. However since you are not allowed to call them about it, who knows!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a reply already guys, the adcom said that they received them. SO in some way, if you sent the letters upon being sent the suppl., I would think it is fine. Also, does anyone know if everyone gets a request for evaluations to be sent????

At our interview, they said they only ask for LORs from about 1000 applicants . That is where they thin the herd.

If you send them they won't look at them untill they "request" them. If that makes sence. Hold off untill they ask, but if you send them along with all the other schools its no big deal.