Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Michigan State

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by CalBear, Feb 1, 2002.

1. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member

Hey all,

michigan state finally decided to send me a secondary. however, i haven't received the application yet. could someone please post the essay questions? thanks in advance.

calbear

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CalBear

CalBear Senior Member

4. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Last year, MSU's secondary was online. Check their webpage to see if it is this year too.

Doc Oc
    UNECOM MS-1

5. if I remember correctly, the only thing michigan state asked was a check? there were no secondary questions?!

I also think everyone's watchin the game right now, that is why they didnt respond to ya

6. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2

Wrong, there are 3 questions. I don't have the specific questions, I do have my answers, I'll try to figure out what the questions were.

1) What was the most important thing that impacted your decision to become a physician?

2) Describe a non-educational activity that you participated in that you felt made a difference.
    (Not sure that this is the question, my answer involves a service project I participated in)

3) Describe a time where you feel short or things didn't go as you planned.

7. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Was the secondary online this year as well?

Whatchamacallit - MSU sends a request for a "processing fee" to everyone after they receive your AMCAS app. They then send secondaries to ~25% of applicants, which last year, was an invitation to complete the secondary online. You could check your status online too.

About the MSU "processing fee"...they won't consider your application until you send it. You have to pay them to decide whether or not to send you a secondary. UMich does something like that too. They send a pseudo-secondary which is a couple of fill-ins and your name and address again, plus money of course, then they decide whether or not to let you send in your letters of rec. I withdrew my app from there in the end of Oct., so I dont' know how the rest of their racket went.

I did my undergrad at MSU if you have questions about the area.

Doc Oc

8. kreno

kreno Candy Man

Doc OC, what did you major in at MSU? I'm a senior there now.... where you go to school now?

9. westsidespartan

westsidespartan Senior Member

Medical Student
    kreno, I'm a senior at MSU too. Physiology major.

10. Doc Oc

Doc Oc Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Westsidespartan & krenos,

I was a physiology major also. I graduated in '99, took a few grad courses, and applied in 2000. I go to UNECOM. Are you both applying for 2006?

11. jimmybee

jimmybee Med/Peds Resident

Attending Physician
    What up everyone,

Just wanted to say to my former physiology pals. I also was a physiology major and I am currently a first year at Wayne. I love it here and you all should seriously consider it.

Later,
    jimmybee