Michigan VS. UDM VS. OSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samiam0252003

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Alright, I got these three schools and I'm from Michigan. I know I set up a forum about UDM and OSU, but now it's like I got Mich in the mix. When it comes to Michigan, not sure what kind of clinical exp I would get, but my sis says it'll be a good school because it gets a lot of funding and the name. It's been a month and I'm still wondering where I should go. I know my family wants me to stay in Michigan, but I don't really care to stay in Michigan ethier way, I just want the better education. So if you were in this situation, how would you go about making the choice?:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Send Michigan the deposit and not worry about anything anymore. The other two have zero reputation.

As far as clinical experience generally, how many of something must you do before you get the hang of it? Must you drill into 50 teeth before you learn how to do it properly? Schools may have extensive clinical, but at a certain point, it's too much. Maybe it's more fit for students with low PAT scores. I dunno.

Alright, I got these three schools and I'm from Michigan. I know I set up a forum about UDM and OSU, but now it's like I got Mich in the mix. When it comes to Michigan, not sure what kind of clinical exp I would get, but my sis says it'll be a good school because it gets a lot of funding and the name. It's been a month and I'm still wondering where I should go. I know my family wants me to stay in Michigan, but I don't really care to stay in Michigan ethier way, I just want the better education. So if you were in this situation, how would you go about making the choice?:confused:

I sort of know what you are going through. My family wants me to stay in New York too. My husband wants to move to VA for his career. Luckily for me, my choice looks like its going to be easy. VCU accepted me, UB hasn't yet. If UB did though, I'd have a complex time choosing. They want me to get low-mid 20s on my DAT... but ultimately... you have to go where you feel is the best "fit" for you. How else will you meet your full potential?... even if it means disappointing your family. They will get used to it fairly quick. Mine did when I went to grad school...but I had to deal with tears before. IMO... Michigan = best bang for your buck... but if you want to go out of the area... I say... GO GO GO. Be independent!

this should not be a question...thee university of michigan

GO BLUE!!