Michigan waitlist, top choices

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hawkeyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else had more than one top choice, and if so, what they would do about following up. Michigan is one of my top three and I could say my first choice, given quality of life, ect. But there are so many considerations, that I am a little hesitant to send in the letter of intent. What do some of you think? i couldn't find the other Michigan waitlist post that I saw earlier, so sorry for starting another. Is it possible to get in off the waitlist without sending the intent letter? Anyone done it? It''s not at all that I am hedging on going there if I got in, but it seems a little early to TOTALLY PROMISE, and I wouldn't want to break that promise. Please advise...

Members don't see this ad.

If you are not sure if the school is your top choice, I wouldn't send a letter of intent. I would however send the letter to your top choice. Don't worry tho, you stil have time to think about which school that is and then send the letter by the beginning of or mid-May because waitlists don't move before then. If you can, I would write them an update letter however so they think you are still interested :)