microbiology for science gpa.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jules_dynamos

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a microbiology course for NON-SCIENCE majors, would this count toward my science GPA for med schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely :) . Microbiology is a life science. The fact that it is for non-life science majors just signifies that you cannot use it (presumably) as credit towards your life science major requirements, but it is still life science.

I once called the AAMC to ask a similar question. I waited on hold for 20 minutes (of course :( ) to ask if I could make a biology course that was titled "Bio 110 - Animal Behavior" a behavioral (thus a non science) class (I got a C in it and was trying to boost my science gpa). They told me that regardless of what the title of the course or dept. I took it in, the content of the class (based on my personal judgement) was what determined the category it fell in.

Anyway, relax. As long as the word "microBIOLOGY" is in the title, I am sure you are fine (just as the word "behavior" made me just fine too).

Good luck.