Microbiology question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

niksem

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got a "C+" for Microbio in my sophemore year. All my other classes, including major and non-major are either B or above. Would it make a lot of difference to retake this class for med school acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

The problem isn't the single C+. It's the rest of the classes being "B" or above. Gotta stop the B's and keep the above from now on. As far as retaking...that depends on how your school's registrar handles retakes. If the old stays on your transcript, it won't help. If the new replaces the old entirely, then sure, go for the retake. If there is ANY record of the old class remaining, avoid the retake.

I am a junior so the only chance to retake it is this summer. The school official said that the old grade would be still on my report but the new grade will count in my overall GPA. The problem is that they will not let me take the class at my school because they allow retakes only with a grade of C or less. So I reall have to take this class in other school.

Okay, here's the thing...it doesn't matter in the LEAST how your school handles GPAs. Everybody is different there and so AMCAS standardizes it. Both grades will go into your AMCAS GPA. Don't retake. Just get only A's from here on out.