Microbiology vs. Developmental Biology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SuperStressed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I'm picking courses for next semester, but I am not sure which of these two sciences I'd rather take. Which is harder or easier? Which is more interesting or boring? Which course is most useful? What have been your experiences in these classes? I will be taking General Chemistry concurrently, if that makes a difference. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've taken mirco b/4 and its very interesting. The lecture was easy, but I wasn't really into the lab as much. Consequently, I tutored my lab partner on the lecture part and she did most of the work in lab. I was able to snick out of the class with a 95%.:D

Members don't see this ad :)
All that I can say is that I found developmental bio to be fairly boring. There are definitely a lot of interesting topics that we covered, but around the 3rd lecture of discussing sea urchin embryos, I started losing interest. Never took micro, so I can't compare the two.

:thumbup:

Micro is easy and developmental is very hard at my school.

Reverse at my school, talk to some people that have taken the professor and class before like said above

Micro sounded more appealing to me, but you're going to have to ask a classmate about which class is harder like everyone else said. Glancing over at my classmates' notes/books was enough for me to choose micro over developmental bio.

Personally, if the material sounds interesting to me then the difficulty level becomes a non-issue. YMMV.

Micro will help you more on the MCAT.