Microbiology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giznut12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What book do most people use for Micro on Step 1? I have heard that Lippincott's and Micro Made simple are the best.

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the 3rd years who gave our class advice from a survey said that First Aid was plenty for micro and pharm.

having said that......many of them supplemented with micro made ridiculous and/or Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).

later

All I used was First Aid for micro and that seemed to be fine. You'll porbably not cover every possible question just using that but you'll get the main ones....

I used Micro Made Ridiculously Simple (the charts are excellent). For pharm, I used Pharm Companion (this is spiral book completely with charts--great for memorizing) and Pharm Recall. I did review the First Aid sections for micro and pharm as well, but I didn't think that this would be enough, seeing how micro and pharm make up so large a percent of the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by 12R34Y
Jawetz/levingson Micro and immunology (my personal pick).

While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.

Originally posted by Idiopathic
While Micro-MRS is probably the Cliff's Notes for Micro, this book is the Micro bible. Like most Lange books, a thoroughly concise effort and actually a decent read, if you arent trying to cram.

There's a review book and a text-book. I would definitely go with the review book (even that's a little over the top).

I have lippincott's micro. It has some excellent illustrations (like all of the lippincott books). Is anyone else using this book?