Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

mid december and not heard back for interviews... bad??

Discussion in 'What Are My Chances?' started by bissmeyer, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bissmeyer

Pre-Medical
    It is mid-december and I have not heard back from any of the schools I applied to regarding interviews. I just am getting worried because friends of mine have already gotten interviews and some acceptances. When should I really be worried if I have not heard back from any school?

2. Reddpoint

2+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Unfortunately, I think you might be in a tough position. Im not sure what your MCATs are but most of the time this is what the hang up is about. I have known people to get late interviews and get in. However getting one interview generally means you do not have a strong application for one reason or another. If you do not get in this year I would recommend getting the MCAT score up at least above 30. Despite all the talk about being interested in having unique students, medical schools primarily screen with MCAT and GPA.

3. Surferboy

Surferboy basileus
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    bissmeyer...i'm right here with you. It's been hard to be optimistic lately. I know with my low mcat I was thinking I would be in the very tail end of interviews if I did get any. Hopefully we didn't completely miss the bus.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GoSpursGo

GoSpursGo Allons-y!
    Administrator Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    It's certainly not GOOD to have not heard anything at this point, but it's far from hopeless. LizzyM said she expected her school to give out invites up until around 1/21 or so, so there is still hope. That being said, it IS getting around the time where it would probably be a good idea to start thinking about a plan B if you haven't already. Whether it be re-taking the MCAT, buffing up ECs, applying for a post-bacc or SMP, you don't want to be stuck scrambling for something to do next year in March. If you want this badly enough, you'll get it- it just might take more than one try, like it does for most people.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. HumidBeing

HumidBeing In Memory of Riley Jane
    Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Verified Account 2+ Year Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.