Mid-Low Tier Med Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tarpley

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
is there a list somewhere of these types of schools?.. basically what place do you guys think I stand a chance my stats are:

Gpa: 3.74
Mcat 1st: 280 (V:10, P:9, B:9)
Mcat 2nd: 260 (v:9, P:7, B:10)
decent research, shadow, extracurriculars

it seems like all schools want mcat higher than 30.. but I'm sure a lot of them except less ...??

Members don't see this ad.

MSAR. Princeton Review has a nice database. Your stats are within ballpark for some schools. Just because a school's median/mean MCAT is a 30 doesn't necessarily mean you won't get in, provided other parts of your application are strong.

is there a list somewhere of these types of schools?.. basically what place do you guys think I stand a chance my stats are:

Gpa: 3.74
Mcat 1st: 280 (V:10, P:9, B:9)
Mcat 2nd: 260 (v:9, P:7, B:10)
decent research, shadow, extracurriculars

it seems like all schools want mcat higher than 30.. but I'm sure a lot of them except less ...??
the schools i applied to might be a good reference, minus the "reach" schools - like Pritzker and Boston (check my sig), but definitely go with MSAR if you can

I have very similar stats and have passed the screen for several OOS schools. MSAR is your friend; consult it. Look for schools with averages of 10s across the board. They aren't going to laugh at you with 9's.