Middle Eastern Medical Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsash

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys I started a message board for Persian medical and dental student but someone suggested we should make it middle eastern. Coooolll....I think we should start posting messages here for each other...My friend is hispanic and every year they have the meeting of Hispanic medical student in DC, so why cant Middle eastern have this also.....UNITY....so anyways I hope some people would be interested in this idea....my name is Khashayar Sarabi, GW class of 2006........

Members don't see this ad.

Yo DJ Cool- didn't you just post the same junk like 10 threads down?! How about bumping instead of a new topic? Save Lee's money, ya know. --Trek

yeah you are right but someone suggested we should make it into all middle eastern so i wanted to change the title and say a bit more thanks for your input and i hope one we meet...You know...

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by djsash
i hope one we meet...You know...

uhhhh....no? --Trek

oh i didn't mean it in an offensive way i meant if you are middle eastern i hope to meet you...

heres an idea:

maybe we can get enough middle easterners to one day outnumber indians in the medical field. man i think hell would have to freeze over twice before that ever happens!

yeah there are so many indians in the field and thats awsome and the cool thing about them is that they help each other out, not the case for middle easterns..hopefully that will change one day

behzad whats up i went to UC irvine undergrad i moved here 10 years ago from Iran before that i lived in europe for a 2 years on and off..have you been down to LA...so many persians...its cool...thanks for responding to my post...talk to you soon...
khashi

hey bro,

unfortunately ive never been to southern california (or tehrangeles). i know there are so many iranis there, its crazy. i would like to go sometime. what part of iran are you from? i have lived in tulsa my whole life. my dad is from kazeroun(in fars) and mom from abadan.
and what you say about middle easterners not sticking together and helping each other is very true (unfortunately).

oh i didn't mean it in an offensive way i meant if you are middle eastern i hope to meet you...

Yes

how about we get over our ethnocentrism and help everyone out. yes, be proud of your heritage, but striving to help out 'your own' is a bit strange. who is your own? are you living here? than i am your own. get it? evolve out of ethnocentricity.

i've seen white medical student threads, black medical student threads, indian threads, middle eastern threads, hispanic threads etc..ethnocentrism, ethnocentrism. the longer we keep hyphens, the longer we think people treat us differently.

the OP spoke of UNITY. if your goal is to unite only middle eastern -americans, then your goal is to live in division. i'm not into it.

Originally posted by souljah1
how about we get over our ethnocentrism and help everyone out. yes, be proud of your heritage, but striving to help out 'your own' is a bit strange. who is your own? are you living here? than i am your own. get it? evolve out of ethnocentricity.

i've seen white medical student threads, black medical student threads, indian threads, middle eastern threads, hispanic threads etc..ethnocentrism, ethnocentrism. the longer we keep hyphens, the longer we think people treat us differently.

the OP spoke of UNITY. if your goal is to unite only middle eastern -americans, then your goal is to live in division. i'm not into it.

nice. I agree