Quantcast

Middle Tier schools for Cali students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I am trying to create a list of middle tier schools to apply to as a Cali student. So far I have Mount Sinai, Tufts, Wake Forest, U of Rochester, Case Western, Brown, Boston U, Albany, NYMC, Drexel, Jefferson, Penn State, Temple, Chicago Medical school, Loyola, Tulane and Saint Louis University. Can anyone add to this list? Criteria is that admissions isn't impossible for Cali students.

mikeyboy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think AECOM should be added.

Alexander99

Ghetto Fabulous
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ohio State if you can bare the possibility of living in Ohio for 4 years. . .

TheFlash

Playtime Is Over
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just as a note, some of those schools are more competitive than the average middle tier school (Case, MSSM, Rochester), while others are so-called "low tier" schools. I'm not going to profess further about which ones are which, lest I be flamed for it.

Pinkertinkle

2003 Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TheFlash said:
I'm not going to profess further about which ones are which, lest I be flamed for it.

Which is why I didn't either.

babyface

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Northwestern seems to take quite a few CA residents, and its absolutely beautiful, being right next to the lake. I also recommend GW, Georgetown, and UVM. If weather is your thing, then OHSU takes a fair amount of out-of-staters. Good luck!

indiamacbean

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
unless things have changed, I wouldn't bother applying to Brown if you didn't go to school there. most of their students are PLMEs or Brown grads.

verbalassasin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly I think it is a waste of time to rank schools by tiers. Each school is equally competitive in its own right. And each school looks for distinguishing factors. Harvard, Hopkins, Yale and Duke may want applicants with superb numbers and accept at a 5% rate, while Meharry, Morehouse, Drew/UCLA, and Howard want students with excellent community service and still accept at a 5% rate. It is difficult to do rankings only because schools look for different things.

Daddysoy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCV/VCU takes a relatively high percentage of Cali kids

samurai_lincoln

Big hairy member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Vermont (over 70% nonres.), Creighton, Cinci, Iowa, Minnesota, Med Coll of Wisc. With the exception of Creighton, these are all schools with fairly high % of nonresidents per USNWR numbers. Oh, also Temple and Penn St.

Jet915

Shi*ter's Rule
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Creighton usually ends up with alot of cali residents..........on average, it's usually about 20 cali students a year.

Jetson

BigRedPingpong

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Pinkertinkle said:
I am trying to create a list of middle tier schools to apply to as a Cali student. So far I have ...Mount Sinai...Can anyone add to this list? Criteria is that admissions isn't impossible for Cali students.

Uh Oh...
FB3.jpg

by the MSSM attack squad: The flash, Facted, et al.

Watch your back pinkertinkle-- You can't diss MSSM 'round here without the goons getting on you.