General Admissions & OTCAS Midwest Schools MSOT 2019-2020 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureOT98:)

Reaction score
Hi! So I noticed there wasn't any threads regarding Midwest schools, and I just wanted to see where the schools were standing with accepting/wait listing/and rejecting.

I applied to UW- La Crosse, UW- Milwaukee, and Carroll for Midwest schools! Other schools I applied to are TWU, ATSU, Elmhurst, and St. Scholastica.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I've applied to both UW-Milwaukee and Marquette! Looks like we will be waiting a while to hear back from Milwaukee though :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they start reviewing after the deadline (which is January 15th, I think) and then we probably won't hear anything until March

Anyone heard anything about Elmhurst? I have an interview scheduled and they said it's a group interview and a writing sample. Would love more info if anyone has any!

Hi! So I noticed there wasn't any threads regarding Midwest schools, and I just wanted to see where the schools were standing with accepting/wait listing/and rejecting.

I applied to UW- La Crosse, UW- Milwaukee, and Carroll for Midwest schools! Other schools I applied to are TWU, ATSU, Elmhurst, and St. Scholastica.

I also applied to UW La Crosse, UW Milwuakee, St. Scholastica and St. Kate's. From what I've seen on their websites + from emails, it looks like we'll hear from all of them throughout February. So just a few more weeks of waiting!

Reactions: 1 user

I also applied to Carroll University, UW La Crosse, and St. Scholastica. I was accepted into Carroll but I haven’t heard back from the other two. Hoping to hear back from them by mid February!

I got into St. Scholastica today, but will most likely be declining the spot!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just heard back from Elmhurst and got in! Anyone else apply there? I still feel like I don't know much about the program, I'm curious if other people are interested in attending and what reasons you want to go to Elmhurst. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone applied to Marquette! Have you heard anything back?

Just wondering if anyone applied to Marquette! Have you heard anything back?
I applied there! Still haven't heard anything! I thought I heard that we would maybe start hearing back in March

For those who applied to UW-Milwaukee, did you guys apply for the University's general graduate program? I remember reading somewhere that it is better to apply for the University's after getting accepted to the program via OTCAS- like there are 2 different processes. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

For those who applied to UW-Milwaukee, did you guys apply for the University's general graduate program? I remember reading somewhere that it is better to apply for the University's after getting accepted to the program via OTCAS- like there are 2 different processes. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
I read this too! I only applied on OTCAS

I only applied on OTCAS!

Has anyone heard from St. Kate's? I thought they would've sent something out by now.

I am also going to Carroll! Why did you guys decide on this program?

Carroll was the first OT program I looked and I instantly liked it. I attended an open house last July, where I met faculty and other students. I could just really picture myself at Carroll over other programs. The Waukesha area is really nice, and with the accelerated program, it was easy to want to go there! I was in undergrad for 4.5 years, just graduated, so I really want to move forward and start my career in OT. I felt like I instantly knew that this program is the one for me!

Just got an email that I was waitlisted at St. Kate's, so I will be accepting my spot at St. Scholastica. Hoping to eventually get off of the waitlist at St. Kate's though!

Just got an email that I was waitlisted at St. Kate's, so I will be accepting my spot at St. Scholastica. Hoping to eventually get off of the waitlist at St. Kate's though!

Good luck to you! Got on the waitlist for St kate’s too, but I will be attending Carroll University

Good luck to you! Got on the waitlist for St kate’s too, but I will be attending Carroll University
Im on the waitlist at St Kate’s as well. I will most likely be attending Carroll, unless I get off the waitlist at St Kate’s! Has anyone been accepted into St Kate’s on here?

I am also going to Carroll! Why did you guys decide on this program?
I also attended the open house in July and liked it but after I was accepted and I attended another open house in January, I felt confident in my decision to attend Carroll. Hearing from the students helped solidify my decision and I was impressed with all of the opportunities Carroll immerses you in with equine therapy and therapy at a clinic in Milwaukee as well as the collaboration with other health profession students. I think this program will push me out of my comfort zone and challenge me and I’m looking forward to attend the program this May!

Reactions: 2 users
If anyone applied to Maryville in STL, I was told they hope to have admit decisions out by the end of the week!

If anyone applied to Maryville in STL, I was told they hope to have admit decisions out by the end of the week!
Someone there told me within the next 2-3 weeks, funny! At least they told you a lot sooner!!

Someone there told me within the next 2-3 weeks, funny! At least they told you a lot sooner!!
She did say "hope" to get out decisions, so who knows if it'll actually happen but we can hope haha!

Just got an email that I was accepted to Maryville! Check your emails and good luck!

Did anyone else hear back from UW-LaCrosse today? I just got accepted!

Congratulations! Will you be accepting? Or holding out for another school?
I'm not sure yet - I put down a deposit at St. Scholastica but I may go to UWL instead since it has way cheaper in state tuition

Reactions: 2 users