Midwestern AZ, requires Advisory Committee LOR ?? !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobebucsfan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my app in June

my 4 LORs are 1 dentist, 3 profs.

yesterday I got an email from Midwestern AZ that said:

-----------------------------------
We are writing to inform you that as of today, your application is incomplete and is missing the following document(s) to complete your file:
Letter of Recommendation from a Pre-Health/Dental Advisory Committee
Please remember that in order for your application to be considered further in the admissions process, you must submit all of the required information to complete your file. Only applicants who submit all of the required documents prior to our deadline date are reviewed and considered for potential entrance into the program.
---------------------------------------

But on their website it says :

Submit three letters of recommendation. One must be from either a pre-dental advisory committee OR a science professor. The others, preferentially, should be from either someone with a DO/MD, DDS/DMD degree and/or someone who can testify to the integrity and ethical standards of the applicant

So whats going on ? I dont have a committee letter

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my app in June

my 4 LORs are 1 dentist, 3 profs.

yesterday I got an email from Midwestern AZ that said:

-----------------------------------
We are writing to inform you that as of today, your application is incomplete and is missing the following document(s) to complete your file:
Letter of Recommendation from a Pre-Health/Dental Advisory Committee
Please remember that in order for your application to be considered further in the admissions process, you must submit all of the required information to complete your file. Only applicants who submit all of the required documents prior to our deadline date are reviewed and considered for potential entrance into the program.
---------------------------------------

But on their website it says :

Submit three letters of recommendation. One must be from either a pre-dental advisory committee OR a science professor. The others, preferentially, should be from either someone with a DO/MD, DDS/DMD degree and/or someone who can testify to the integrity and ethical standards of the applicant

So whats going on ? I dont have a committee letter

Just call them and sort it out. there's been another thread recently within the past few days that talked about multiple ppl having issues with the LOR from MWU AZ.
if you email/call, they'll take care of it

i had the same issue. then i waited one day and it was fixed and complete. i wouldn't worry about it, but call if you really want

Members don't see this ad :)
Same thing happened to me. I called them and the girl manually updated everything for me. I refreshed the internet page (on their secondary app website) and my app was complete! Just call them :)

Same thing happened to me. I called them and the girl manually updated everything for me. I refreshed the internet page (on their secondary app website) and my app was complete! Just call them :)

What the heck? The girl told me its a glitch and we'll have it fixed by the end of the week.

What the heck? The girl told me its a glitch and we'll have it fixed by the end of the week.

Hm that's weird. Well, I did this about 2 weeks ago so maybe before it wasn't a glitch and now it is. I guess if it's a glitch, then it's happening for everyone so you don't have to worry.

i got the same email for IL and called this morning, but the lady told me to wait it out since my science LORs were sent out last monday.. ugh! how frustrating.. it seems like its a problem on their end.