Lethstang

7+ Year Member
Oct 4, 2009
Status
Dentist
So I recently had the pleasure of attending an interview. Your dean and facilities were very impressive! However, I did notice my entire interview group were all married and Mormon. A few questions.

Does mwu target this demographic, or is this just the applications they receive?

How is the social life? I myself am very not Mormon not religious. Would I stick out like a sore thumb?

silveryhair

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
Status
Yup about 65% are mormon and I believe for each of the classes about 60% are married. The school is pretty conservative. They try to show some diversity, but there is very little.

There is a social life for singles, there are a lot of hot white girls...lol...and yes there are a lot of parties that each of the separate classes have after a big test.

They are like every other school, but they have a extremely have number of married/mormon demographic at the school.

SuperTank

5+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Status
Dental Student
So I recently had the pleasure of attending an interview. Your dean and facilities were very impressive! However, I did notice my entire interview group were all married and Mormon. A few questions.

Does mwu target this demographic, or is this just the applications they receive?

How is the social life? I myself am very not Mormon not religious. Would I stick out like a sore thumb?
It is true that there are a lot of LDS (Mormon) students at Midwestern. Not only in the dental program, but all programs. The current D1 class is 20% Mormon. I don't think that they target that demographic specifically, but as you said, there are a lot of Mormon applicants, and hence a lot of acceptances.

As far as your social life goes, don't worry about it! You're not going to stick out. There are a lot of students that are not married, not religious, etc. After all the big tests, a lot of students go out dancing/drinking/shopping etc. There are two activities coordinators in the class who plan get togethers, study breaks, etc at least once a week.

The one thing that's going to hurt your social life more than anything else is the fact that you're in dental school...:D