Midwestern CCOM vs AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunshinepillow

Reaction score
My two acceptances are at the top two expensive DO schools.. east coast boy here needs some help deciding where to relocate to, especially with the similarities with the two schools.

AZCOM
+ Military coordinator/staff at school, boasts highest military match rate
+ Clear skies and nice weather for a good portion of the year, with a bunch of outdoorsy things to do
+ Strong rotations in Phoenix area as well as in SoCal
+ Got a very open vibe from faculty and staff

- Monday exams
- rotations are more based on a lottery system
- while I am not too familiar with Chicago/midwest, I really am even more unknowing of life in the west

CCOM
+ Strong rotations and reputation in Chicago
+ Symptom organized curriculum
+ Beautiful anatomy lab and passionate anatomy professor, as well as less students per cadaver I believe..
+ Older institution
+ more diversity

- Chicago winters, but I can bear for the most part
- While faculty said they are here to support students and are open, got somewhat of a bad vibe during my interview.

Similarities:
= both have on campus housing, gym, cafeteria
= weekly exam/testing heavy
= A/B/C grading on quarter system

I'm just really hoping to get placed from the waitlist at Rowan SOM.. but would appreciate any help with making a decision between the two MWU campuses and any info I may be lacking

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think they are both pretty much identical tbh, especially if you have no ties to the area. Just a matter of whether you'd like to see snow or palm trees for the next 4 years lol. Since you are Army HPSP and one of your pros for AZCOM is boasts high military match rate, I might be more inclined to pick AZCOM over CCOM.

Edit: I would write a letter of intent to Rowan ASAP and try to get off that wait list if that's your number one choice.