Midwestern CCP: Waiting Period for an Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GATTACA CTAATGT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who have completed their applications and received notice for an interview or not, approximately how long was the waiting period?

Members don't see this ad.

CCP received my completed application on 12/28/2007 (I sent it before christmas around Dec. 20), and replied with an interview invite via email on 1/10. My interview is the first week of February.

Amazing. Two weeks is a fast response time. I assume I should get a response this month then since CCP received my completed application 1/9. Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, once they received my application I got my invitation very promptly (1-2 weeks).

Jpharm445 or labrat024, what are your stats (GPA, PCAT) if you do not mind sharing?

Jpharm445 or labrat024, what are your stats (GPA, PCAT) if you do not mind sharing?

Mine probably won't be of much use since my gpa is greater than 3.9 and my pcat is greater than 90... It's probably a given that I at least get the interview. I don't feel arrogant saying that because acceptance, the only thing that really matters, is another story entirely. I still feel pressured to do well at the interview, and I will be preparing for it as if I had a 2.0/10% gpa/pcat.

EDIT: Ok, maybe not that low, but you get my point.

Indeed, your stats are stellar. I currently have 3.7 and a 59 PCAT so I do not expect to get an interview. I am majoring in bio/chem so if I do not get in this year maybe next year with a BS and applying earlier will be my best option. :confused:

The BS should definitely help. Your GPA is quite good, so no worries there. However, you should try retaking the PCAT to really round out your application. I'm not a good standardized test taker myself, but I managed to do well with proper preparation. Maybe I can offer you some advice? Are there any sections in particular that are dragging you down?

I'm sure you know the PCAT is going to hurt you for this applicaton year, but it alone shouldn't completely disqualify you. I'd say you still have a chance given your gpa and if all else is good.

I am retaking the PCAT this saturday. The verbal analogies and reading comprehension seems to give me the most complications. Unfortunately, I do not see a real good way to master those sections.

Yes, it is harder to master those in a short time. You probably already realize that you just have to read a lot and look up words that you do not know. Practicing analogies from any source you can find is also obvious. I do recommend the "Exam Krackers 101 Passages in MCAT Verbal" for practicing the reading section. It's the best source for that section that I have found. Additionally, when you read anything, try to read it faster than you normally would. Your reading speed/comprehension should gradually increase that way...

Or you may just get in this year. Then you won't have to worry about the PCAT anymore! Good luck.

does anyone know how often their admissions committee meets?