Midwestern Class of 2014: Asian or others?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Midwestern Class of 2014

• Total voters

preden

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious how many people in this forum got accepted to Midwestern and are asian.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm just curious how many people in this forum got accepted to Midwestern and are asian.

This poll is kind of obnoxious, to be honest....why does it matter? Why not go into it with an open mind about who you'll meet and become friends with, instead of just hoping there will be people like you?

This poll is kind of obnoxious, to be honest....why does it matter? Why not go into it with an open mind about who you'll meet and become friends with, instead of just hoping there will be people like you?

There is no evidence in the original post that the author is hoping there will be people like him/herself. Based on the above, we can only conclude that the author is just curious.

Damn, MCAT verbal practice finally paying off for me! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm curious as well. I'm guessing a small percentage of Asians actually attend MWU but quite a few get acceptances.

There is no evidence in the original post that the author is hoping there will be people like him/herself. Based on the above, we can only conclude that the author is just curious.

Damn, MCAT verbal practice finally paying off for me! :laugh:

Lol, sounds like something you'd see on the LSAT.

I am a student at MWU in AZ right now. I can tell you that there are very few Asians in the dental class and in AZ in general (~2.5%).

*Edit: This is the opinion of someone coming from CA*

Last edited:

Agreed, way too many threads asking about specific ethnicities at dental schools. People should go in with an open mind...

Agreed, way too many threads asking about specific ethnicities at dental schools. People should go in with an open mind...

"And if a blind person leads a blind person..."

I'm so mean!:smuggrin:

First of all, I want to thank you for all those who participated in the poll.

Second, to the posters of the comments above. I'm an open-minded person. I have friends who are african american, white, and hispanic. So, for you to judge me based on my poll is wrong. Maybe you should judge yourself whether or not you are an open-minded person???

First of all, I want to thank you for all those who participated in the poll.

Second, to the posters of the comments above. I'm an open-minded person. I have friends who are african american, white, and hispanic. So, for you to judge me based on my poll is wrong. Maybe you should judge
yourself whether or not you are an open-minded person???

I have just seen way too many of these ethnicity-based polls/threads lately, and I think its kind of ridiculous to go into dental school with this narrow mindset. I hate to pre-judge, so please enlighten me, why DID you make this poll?

I have just seen way too many of these ethnicity-based polls/threads lately, and I think its kind of ridiculous to go into dental school with this narrow mindset. I hate to pre-judge, so please enlighten me, why DID you make this poll?

Why am I doing this poll?

1) I am just CURIOUS.

2) When I went for the inteview, I noticed that the school is like 99% whites. Honestly, i grew up in an environment where there are diversity of ethnicities. Thus, I am curious what my class of 2010 "might" going to be like. Sorry, I only put two categories for the poll. However, I don't want to ask everybody for their ethnicities.

Anyway, I am looking forward to attending Midwestern and I hope that everybody in my class will get along well with each other.

what's the big deal? anyone can be curious about what their environment is going to be like for the next 4 years

I know that joonkimdds is an asian who will go to MWU. I met him in person and he is such a nice and entertaining person.