Midwestern CPG (Glendale, AZ) Class of 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call this morn. Man...Decisions decisions. :)

I got the call today aswell, but I was out :( . My dad took a message...I called back and left a message with Dr. Dietrich thanking him. I already sent my deposit and signed my matriculation agreement though.

I just wish I could have accepted the call in person even though I already knew from the student portal I was in :(

I hope that doesn't have any bearing on anything?

I got the call today aswell, but I was out :( . My dad took a message...I called back and left a message with Dr. Dietrich thanking him. I already sent my deposit and signed my matriculation agreement though.

I just wish I could have accepted the call in person even though I already knew from the student portal I was in :(

is that u erica?

Members don't see this ad :)

I was out too, so I got a voicemail from Dr. D saying I was accepted. Definitely called him back to thank him, but ended up leaving him a voicemail. I'm sure missing the acceptance call won't have any bearing on your matriculation. Cheers!

Congrats to everyone who have been accepted!! :)

I heard that during the interview, the interviewers have access to our resume, but that the interview is closed-file, meaning, they don't see any other part of our application- is this correct? I was wondering if they ask questions that are specific to our resume (or file if they have access to it)? For instance, would they sometimes ask one person to elaborate on a particular experience they see on their resume, or would they only ask questions directed toward the entire group? I wonder what the purpose of having the resume for them is, other than to have a general impression of us as candidates perhaps?

Thanks for any input. :luck:

^ Yes, the interview is closed file. I didn't get any questions relating to experiences in my resume. You did have to describe a time where you demonstrated/witness professionalism but it can be anything you can think of, doesn't have to be from the experiences you listed on your resume.

Congrats to everyone who have been accepted!! :)

I heard that during the interview, the interviewers have access to our resume, but that the interview is closed-file, meaning, they don't see any other part of our application- is this correct? I was wondering if they ask questions that are specific to our resume (or file if they have access to it)? For instance, would they sometimes ask one person to elaborate on a particular experience they see on their resume, or would they only ask questions directed toward the entire group? I wonder what the purpose of having the resume for them is, other than to have a general impression of us as candidates perhaps?

Thanks for any input. :luck:

For my interview they actually did both. If you answered one of the questions with something interesting, they could ask you to elaborate on it. They kind of ask you follow-up questions when they want to know more about something you mentioned. So its a probably a good thing if they direct a question specifically to just you.

For my interview they actually did both. If you answered one of the questions with something interesting, they could ask you to elaborate on it. They kind of ask you follow-up questions when they want to know more about something you mentioned. So its a probably a good thing if they direct a question specifically to just you.

yes, that was the case for me also. for myself, i had mentioned my dad is a pharmacist, so they asked questions pertaining to that.

its closed file, but the panel is trained to dig a little deeper than the paragraph that you might have prepared and are ready to recite.

I was out too, so I got a voicemail from Dr. D saying I was accepted. Definitely called him back to thank him, but ended up leaving him a voicemail. I'm sure missing the acceptance call won't have any bearing on your matriculation. Cheers!

Thanks yeah, I called him back the next morning to thank him.

Anyone know how much the student housing is? I can't find the details anywhere!

on campus, I think its about 14k a year

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys I know that this may sound like a silly question, but in which steps do I need to indicate that I will be living on my own and that I need to borrow 65g a year?

Step 1 - Complete Entrance Counseling (First-time borrowers at MWU)
Step 2 - Complete Your 2010-2011 MWU Institutional Application All Students
Step 3 - Complete Your 2010-2011 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA) School Code E00906
Step 4 - Complete Federal Stafford Loan Application (if no previous MPN at MWU)
Step 5 - Compete Your Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Application IF NEEDED
Step 6 - Complete Your Private Loan Application IF NEEDED

Hey guys I know that this may sound like a silly question, but in which steps do I need to indicate that I will be living on my own and that I need to borrow 65g a year?

Step 1 - Complete Entrance Counseling (First-time borrowers at MWU)
Step 2 - Complete Your 2010-2011 MWU Institutional Application All Students
Step 3 - Complete Your 2010-2011 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA or Renewal FAFSA) School Code E00906
Step 4 - Complete Federal Stafford Loan Application (if no previous MPN at MWU)
Step 5 - Compete Your Federal Graduate PLUS Loan Application IF NEEDED
Step 6 - Complete Your Private Loan Application IF NEEDED
The financial aid folks told me that unless you have some trust fund, everyone qualifies for federal loans. Private loans will depend on your credit score though.

The financial aid folks told me that unless you have some trust fund, everyone qualifies for federal loans. Private loans will depend on your credit score though.

So basically I need to indicate that I will need federal and private loans on all steps of the application?

So basically I need to indicate that I will need federal and private loans on all steps of the application?
You should do more research on this topic because we can't advise you all the way. Stafford Loans are generally a yes. Then the question is GradPLUS or private loans, I believe they require research in order to decide which to choose. I did google and there was a good doe website detailing the differences between GradPLUS and private.

Does anyone have any information or know about how the rotation sites are for Midwestern? I heard them say that they have a lot of rotation sites in California and send students there, but then I read a post on student doctor networks about how Midwestern students get out-competed by U of Arizona students for rotation sites and often get sent to Utah or Nevada...... This scares me.

I heard that sometimes it's difficult for students in 3-yr programs to finish their internship hours in time for graduation. Obviously people have done it, but how? Did they have to bust their asses during the limited amount of breaks allotted in the accelerated program? Or is it different for student in these programs, like they are allowed to complete these hours while school is in session? Is anyone else concerned about this? Cheers!

I was actually wondering about that too, I looked online for info but couldn't find anything. 1,500 hours for California seems like a lot! I am sure you can complete the hours while school is in session, I have friends that intern during school time. A few hours a week can go a long way!

Does anyone know when the last interview date is for Midwestern COP CPG?:smuggrin:

Anyone hear anything yet from the 1/14-15 and 1/19 interview group?

I heard that sometimes it's difficult for students in 3-yr programs to finish their internship hours in time for graduation. Obviously people have done it, but how? Did they have to bust their asses during the limited amount of breaks allotted in the accelerated program? Or is it different for student in these programs, like they are allowed to complete these hours while school is in session? Is anyone else concerned about this? Cheers!

all the hours needed to sit for the board is incorporated into the curriculum.

You can check status now.

I just got accepted YAY! :D And I am accepting, see you all there!

Does anyone else have nothing in their matriculation agreement. Mine says please check back tomorrow. So I think I am accepted but I am still unsure because of this.

Does anyone else have nothing in their matriculation agreement. Mine says please check back tomorrow. So I think I am accepted but I am still unsure because of this.
You should have an Accepted Student Checklist if you are accepted.

You can check status now.

I just got accepted YAY! :D And I am accepting, see you all there!

Congra, When was your interview? Mine was 01/14 and I haven't heard or get on stud checklist any thing so far.

Anyone know the exact date in June when school starts?

Anyone interested in being roommates? Either on or off campus (preferably on campus with the standard one bedroom with den or luxury one bedroom). Male here, from UCLA.

Please contact me via private messaging.

Benjamin, the admissions office will be able to let you know your status by phone.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me what dates they are holding interviews in Feb?
I just submitted my supplemental and would like to plan ahead and look at airfare costs.

Thanks

Hi everyone!

I looked through all the posts but I can't seem to find any information on whether MWU Glendale has a hospital nearby that their students work with. This is important to me since I am considering hospital pharmacy.

Also, for those of you who consider MWU Glendale to be your top choice, may I ask what your reasons are? I just want to know why I should choose this school over all other schools.

Thanks very much and good luck to you all! :)

Hi everyone!

I looked through all the posts but I can't seem to find any information on whether MWU Glendale has a hospital nearby that their students work with. This is important to me since I am considering hospital pharmacy.

Also, for those of you who consider MWU Glendale to be your top choice, may I ask what your reasons are? I just want to know why I should choose this school over all other schools.

I decided to go to USC instead, but the reasons holding me back were:

1) 3-year program (finished earlier)
2) Tuition is cheaper than CA schools
3) Close to CA (if you're from CA)

Hi everyone!

Arrowhead Hospital is like 2 maybe 3 miles from Midwestern. (It's apart of the Abrazo Health Care hospitals).

http://www.abrazohealth.com/facilities/arrowhead/home.aspx

Does anybody have an interview at CPG before March 2nd? Is March 2nd the last interview of the year? Lol

I have an interview next week and there were a few interview dates in March.

Has anybody interviewed at CPG been denied admissions at all? It seems whoever interviewed have been either accepted or placed on the alternate.

FYI, MWU-CPG can issue your Stafford and GradPLUS loans through Direct Loans from the US Govt. Just go the the Direct Loans website at ed.gov and apply through signing a eMPN (Master Promissory Note). Then they will tell MWU when you are approved.

(Before that, 1) sign up for a PIN, 2) fill and sign the FAFSA (with your new PIN))

Direct Loans is currently the cheapest loans that I could find due to the rebates and the lower interest rate on GradPLUS.

Figured I'd help my fellow students, good luck!

My application to CPG has been put on "Hold" since the beginning of January. Anyone here with their App put on hold receive an interview yet? I've e-mailed admissions twice and they've responded with vague, single sentence responses both times.