PhD/PsyD Midwestern (Downers Grove) vs Adler PsyD- Thoughts?

• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
Feb 15, 2021
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Psychology
Hi Everyone,

Was hoping to get some advice. I got accepted to both Adler and Midwestern for a PsyD program and I'm not sure which to go with. I had a lovely interview with Midwestern and they genuinely seemed to care about the success of the students. They gave me an offer the next day- which was really nice- but I'm seeing mixed reviews on the program itself. Adler also seemed good and like I could have some good research opportunities, but some people seem to REALLY not like the school. I know both of these programs cost $$$ and I'm ok with that.

Has anyone gone to these schools? Any recommendations?

Edit: I very much want to stay in Chicago. I also applied to PhD programs and didn't get into any of them (anyone else think this is a crazy competitive year?), likely because my previous work and research isn't in psychology (some medical research and religious studies research, I did a post-bacc for psychology). I'd like a doctoral level degree and don't want to go to a masters then phd because I'm a little late to the game.

WisNeuro

Board Certified Neuropsychologist
10+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2009
Somewhere
Status (Visible)
  1. Psychologist
They'll both limit options down the road (e.g., internship, jobs) I'd look at where they are placing students for internship. If those are the only two options, whichever is cheaper is best.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.