Midwestern IL PsyD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsyD1

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was recently taken off the alternate list and accepted into Midwestern IL Clinical Psychology Program.
In comparison to The Florida School or Professional Psychology- Clinical Psychology, Kean University- Combined School and Clinical Psychology, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (DC campus) -Clinical Psychology does anyone have any thoughts about which PsyD program education is best.

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't even consider the Florida School or Chicago School (DC). Florida School is now National Louis, which is basically Argosy - which was abruptly shut down and left their students in a really bad position. Chicago School numbers are terrible.

Midwestern in Downers Grove is better than the one in AZ. Their match numbers have been good and cohort fairly small. I would ask why their licensure numbers are lower. Kean, their outcome data is similar to Midwestern's, smaller cohort, and cost of tuition seems the best out of all these programs. I don't know much about your professional goals and it being a school/clinical program.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't even consider the Florida School or Chicago School (DC). Florida School is now National Louis, which is basically Argosy - which was abruptly shut down and left their students in a really bad position. Chicago School numbers are terrible.

Midwestern in Downers Grove is better than the one in AZ. Their match numbers have been good and cohort fairly small. I would ask why their licensure numbers are lower. Kean, their outcome data is similar to Midwestern's, smaller cohort, and cost of tuition seems the best out of all these programs. I don't know much about your professional goals and it being a school/clinical program.

Really? The EPPP numbers are substantially worse. They're both terrible, but I'm not sure you could make a claim that this one is better than the other.

Reactions: 2 users
Really? The EPPP numbers are substantially worse. They're both terrible, but I'm not sure you could make a claim that this one is better than the other.
I agree that their EPPP numbers are terrible. Posts like the OP often make me assume they are already set on pursuing a PsyD at one of the programs they got into.

None of them are great but I think most of us here would rank LIU > Kean >>>> FSPP.

None of them are great but I think most of us here would rank LIU > Kean >>>> FSPP.
Would you still say LIU over Kean with the current issues that LIU has within the program such as the possibility of going on probation

Truthfully I am not up to date on the recent issues. Historically their outcomes data has been better than Kean. I would do your research as to what’s going on at Post and decide accordingly. And again, none of them are great so if you have the capacity to reapply I would do that.

Reactions: 1 user