JTS

2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2016
Status
Optometry Student
So this campus is brand new- opening this cycle.

Since it's just branching out from same midwestern university, do you guys think it would have similar to identical optometry program as in Glendale Campus in AZ? Like same curriculum, teachers, equipment techs, etc?

I have an interview there in a week and I'm not sure if I should talk to them like its a brand new school. They have a good history and impressions in Glendale Campus but I'm not sure how I should approach to the interviewers.

Thanks

About the Ads
OP
J

JTS

2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2016
Status
Optometry Student
Ok- I just had an interview at midwestern CCO.

Amazing campus. Brand new optometry building. Brand new equipment.

Actually blew my mind that it was soooo nice. If I get in, I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between SCCO and CCO.

Mimi625

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Ok- I just had an interview at midwestern CCO.

Amazing campus. Brand new optometry building. Brand new equipment.

Actually blew my mind that it was soooo nice. If I get in, I'm gonna have a hard time deciding between SCCO and CCO.
Hi!! Congrats on finishing up the interview; I hope you got in!
Do you have any pointers you could give me by any chance?
My interview is coming up in a few weeks, and this is going to be my first interview of all my applications; I'd really appreciate. I'm so nervous, I don't really know what to expect! Plus the day seems to be pretty long lol...

oh! also, how long do you have to decide (if accepted) whether you want to enroll or not?

OP
J

JTS

2+ Year Member
Nov 8, 2016
Status
Optometry Student
Hi!! Congrats on finishing up the interview; I hope you got in!
Do you have any pointers you could give me by any chance?
My interview is coming up in a few weeks, and this is going to be my first interview of all my applications; I'd really appreciate. I'm so nervous, I don't really know what to expect! Plus the day seems to be pretty long lol...

oh! also, how long do you have to decide (if accepted) whether you want to enroll or not?
CCO interview was little weird. It was MMI style interview. The questions they ask are completely random out of about 1000 questions they have. Some are very general questions but they ask in different way. Like if you know the brief answers for these questions: why optometry? why this school?, then you should be able to answer few of their questions. The interview itself was pretty short. I had a great time on my interview day at CCO.

Reactions: Mimi625

marwan

2+ Year Member
Aug 21, 2015
CCO interview was little weird. It was MMI style interview. The questions they ask are completely random out of about 1000 questions they have. Some are very general questions but they ask in different way. Like if you know the brief answers for these questions: why optometry? why this school?, then you should be able to answer few of their questions. The interview itself was pretty short. I had a great time on my interview day at CCO.

Hi I have interview soon with MWU could you plz share your experience and what kind of questions they ask?how can I prpare and do they make you write essay??
Thank you

Jul 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I got an invite for CCO yesterday and the email said that each applicant goes through 4-6 interviews! Is that accurate??

Oct 31, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I'm glad that there has been a thread stared for CCO! I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share more information regarding the interview process.
What questions are expected? Is it an open or closed interview?
Do you meet with more than one interviewer?
I appreciate any feedback!
Thanks.

Jul 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
I'm glad that there has been a thread stared for CCO! I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share more information regarding the interview process.
Thanks.
Well I will find out tomorrow and let you know!

Mimi625

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Thanks.
It's MMI style; so you wont be able to "prepare" for it. Honestly it isn't bad at all, just have a clear idea of why you want to do the profession and be yourself. The faculty is very nice, and the campus is beautiful, so enjoy your time there :) It's probably one of the more relaxed interviews you'll go through.

Reactions: Iwantobe0D
Jul 5, 2017
Status
Pre-Optometry
Yup, it’s MMI. 7 different doors with scenarios and 7 different interviewers. The interviewers are misty very friendly and make you fee comfortable. There was a writing sample too but they give a lot of time. You have to sign a form stating that you won’t talk about the MMI questions, so I can’t really say anything much lol. The campus is beautiful and their equipment is impressive. I dont really like the fact that the clinic isn’t onsite. Also, the clinic doesn’t seem to have that many patients. They said that the dental clinic has 15,000 patients annually. But ICO claims that they see on average a 100,00 patients annually.

Reactions: Mimi625

Mimi625

2+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2016
Yup, it’s MMI. 7 different doors with scenarios and 7 different interviewers. The interviewers are misty very friendly and make you fee comfortable. There was a writing sample too but they give a lot of time. You have to sign a form stating that you won’t talk about the MMI questions, so I can’t really say anything much lol. The campus is beautiful and their equipment is impressive. I dont really like the fact that the clinic isn’t onsite. Also, the clinic doesn’t seem to have that many patients. They said that the dental clinic has 15,000 patients annually. But ICO claims that they see on average a 100,00 patients annually.
Just wanna add onto that: their clinic is really new; so the number of patients you see is bound to increase as time goes on. Also the clinic is 5-7 minutes away, right down the road :)
And yea, there was a form to sign, which is why no one can give specifics to those asking lol

About the Ads