Midwestern MA in BioSci

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

june_sp

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think this degree is useful out in the job market? I haven't been able to find a decent paying job with the BA in Bio so far and am wondering if this will open up more job opportunities for me.

My concern is that this program focuses more on the didactic science courses rather than lab skills that I feel like today's job market prefers. I also feel that I have already taken many science courses in the past, and for me to do this program is just to get a masters degree, not necessarily to enhance my knowledge of science.

I know that Midwestern also has a MBS program, but if the prospect of getting a job is relatively the same for both degrees, I'd rather choose the shorter - cheaper - one.

In other words, how useful is this program other than it being another thing to put in your application to boost your chance of getting accepted to med/dental schools? Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an MS in biology and got a full time job as a professor a week after I graduated...great pay too!

I have an MS in biology and got a full time job as a professor a week after I graduated...great pay too!

that's awesome! how did you go about finding the position? Did you get the job without any prior experience in teaching?