Midwestern Master of Arts in Biomedical Science (Glendale) 2014-2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msuboy1111

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys wanted to start a thread on this incoming class at Midwestern. I have not been accepted and just scheduled at Phone interview on June 4th so hoping for the best. Post your concerns and questions here.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello. With the MA program, will there be a linkage to their DO school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello. With the MA program, will there be a linkage to their DO school?

I asked this question in my interview last Wednesday. He replied with "There is no linkage and you obviously don't get admitted into their DO program just by attending their MA program but they understand their rigor at Midwestern and if you get to know the facility they may just be on your admissions board" So you you get a leg up on everyone else but it's not guaranteed,

Reactions: 1 user
oOo...okay. thanks for the info!... one more question...let's say we do get into the MA program for the incoming school year.... we should be applying to the DO this incoming cycle as well, huh?

Anyone know about our course schedule and what is tested? Basically a syllabus from years past would be ideal

Hello everyone,
I completed the program last year and was accepted into the DO program this year. let me know if you have any questions

Do you have to repeat most courses in the DO program that were taken in the MA/MBS? I saw in older threads that Pharmacology doesn't have to be repeated. Thanks.

I haven't started Med school, but as far as I know yes you have to repeat. The douses in the masters programs are about 75% of what they are in the DO program. Most of the previous students that are currently on the DO and dental programs have told me that their basic science years in their programs are easier because they have the knowledge from the masters program.
Hope this helps

Hello everyone,
I completed the program last year and was accepted into the DO program this year. let me know if you have any questions

Hello,
For the courses that you took last year, did you buy textbooks or course booklets?

Hello everyone,
Can you gives us an idea on what topics are generally covered in the fall?

I did buy some of the books and I had others from undergrad classes but I only used the power points that were given to us. the only class I recommend buying a book is pharmacology and Anatomy if you have not had Gross anatomy. Here is the Fall schedule for the MA program, hope this helps.

Attachments

• MA FA 14.pdf
    22.5 KB · Views: 205
Hello,
For the courses that you took last year, did you buy textbooks or course booklets?

Most students in the MA program do not buy books. They have them in the library that you can reference if you feel the need to and the professors are more than willing to answer any questions you have. I felt that the powerpoints were more than sufficient preparation for the exams. I did not buy any books and was able to do very well. It's really up to the student though, if you feel that the extra information is needed to help you understand the material then buy the books, but be forewarned that you won't have much time to peruse extra material.

Most students in the MA program do not buy books. They have them in the library that you can reference if you feel the need to and the professors are more than willing to answer any questions you have. I felt that the powerpoints were more than sufficient preparation for the exams. I did not buy any books and was able to do very well. It's really up to the student though, if you feel that the extra information is needed to help you understand the material then buy the books, but be forewarned that you won't have much time to peruse extra material.
Thank you for information...