Midwestern University Arizona (AZCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone has a mid-december date that they want to trade, please PM me! There's 12/9 open right now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How soon are you guys hearing back about rotation site assignments? I submitted my preferences early November (11/3 or 11/4?) and submitted $1k deposit on 11/7.

I submitted preferences on the 11th, the day I received the email, and was confirmed on the 16th for LA (hometown/first choice). I have not submitted my deposit.

Withdrew my application and cancelled my interview that was scheduled on 12/7 if someone wants to snag that. Best of luck to whoever gets it!

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance here.

LOVED the school but got into somewhere very close to home with cheaper tuition.

Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone interviewing on Dec 2 flying in on Dec 1 down to chill and get food/drinks?

Last edited:
Anyone interviewing on Dec 2 flying in on Dec 1 down to chill and get food/drinks? I know someone in the program and we are gonna get some early dinner before the interview the next day.

My flight doesn't get in until 8. If you are sticking around for the weekend I would be down for drinks on Friday.

My flight doesn't get in until 8. If you are sticking around for the weekend I would be down for drinks on Friday.
Sure dude, I leave Saturday afternoon. AZCOM is in my top 3 so I want to check out some nice spots around Glendale before I leave.

Hi friends,

What is the laptop requirement for this school? Do you guys think we will get any free stuff like an iPad, MacBook, stethoscope, etc? Trying to do med school shopping. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

No free electronics and also no requirement. Use whatever you like and prefer. Laptop, iPad or Surface are the more commonly seen choices here. Free stethoscope by the Madachy foundation though!

Hi, does anyone know what interviews are like here? This will be my first interview
Also is anyone else interviewing on December 12

Last edited:
Have accepted students been getting emails with the assigned rotation site? I ranked mine over a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm not sure if I'll be notified or am I supposed to look somewhere ?

Have accepted students been getting emails with the assigned rotation site? I ranked mine over a week ago and haven't heard anything so I'm not sure if I'll be notified or am I supposed to look somewhere ?

They sent me my assignment 2 weeks after I submitted my preferences

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Cancelled my interview here. Feeling pretty sad about it oddly enough but hopefully someone deserving can snatch it up :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Excited to interview here! Dec 2 people where you guys at?

Any point in submitting a secondary at this point? LizzyM=70 with decent ECs.

Any point in submitting a secondary at this point? LizzyM=70 with decent ECs.
Depends on the MCAT. They usually screen people <28 or 507 and anyone else who has decent stats otherwise those metrics will be put on an interview waitlist.

II just now! My first one!

Reactions: 2 users
Pre interview waitlist. 3.82 cgpa 3.72 science 506 mcat. Hoping this might turn an ii later on. Best of luck everyone

Woke up at 2am to a II! Anybody interviewing on December 5th? Was so surprised/relieved that a spot was open in December.

Just sent my secondary in this morning.

At the school chillin'. Looks really nice! Library is a bit small but I can literally study anywhere.

WOOO we could meet up or something. I am traveling a few days before and staying a few days after :p

December 9th as well. I'm flying in Wednesday morning and staying near the Grand Canyon until Thursday afternoon. I may never get the chance to see it ever again, so why not? :)

Anyone here interviewed 12/02? Nice to meet you all! Had a great time! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I will be cancelling my interview on Dec. 7th (morning) in two hours (exactly). I have been accepted to my top school, so I hope those looking for a closer spot gets it.

I'll edit the post when I have already dropped it (at 2:15 PM, west coast time.)

Edit: Done. Give me a Like if you got it.

Last edited:
So I got the December 7th interview date; however, this would be my first interview. I'm wondering if 2 days is enough time to prepare for the interview. Do you all suggest I wait until February or just take this opportunity? Would my chances be greater with an earlier interview?

So I got the December 7th interview date; however, this would be my first interview. I'm wondering if 2 days is enough time to prepare for the interview. Do you all suggest I wait until February or just take this opportunity? Would my chances be greater with an earlier interview?

I would say take the early opportunity. Focus on your interviewing skills these next days - the interview is pretty conversational.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users

I'd definitely take the early opportunity. As younggunner said, it's pretty conversational.

I opted for Feb, but that's just me.

I just happened to log in to my account tonight and was asked to pick an interview date. Did anyone actually get an email/notification for this?

I just happened to log in to my account tonight and was asked to pick an interview date. Did anyone actually get an email/notification for this?
I got an email saying I got an II but others didn't. Looks like you fall in the latter category

Rejected post Secondary. :( 4 AM general email rejection.

Rejected post Secondary. :( 4 AM general email rejection.
Sorry to hear that. I'd highly recommend re-taking the MCAT as your score is low for DO schools. Wish you the best for other schools that would take a chance on you!

Received an email from AZCOM about tuition rates and estimated COA today, which apparently is ~400k for 4 years. That seems incredibly and prohibitively expensive. Are OMM and military the only scholarships available to help ease the burden? I may just defer my acceptance here, because I don't think I can afford it.

Declined my acceptance today. Good luck everyone!

Anyone know the acceptance rate post-interview? Is it high or nahh?

High. I've read approximately 75%.
Crossing my fingers! I thought I did well in the interview but you can never know when 1 out of the 3 interviewers look emotionless and plain-faced.

Crossing my fingers! I thought I did well in the interview but you can never know when 1 out of the 3 interviewers look emotionless and plain-faced.

Good luck! I had the same experience and was accepted. I'm sure you'll get in.

Do you guys know if we can also get an interview at the Chicago campus if we are asked to interview at Arizona?

Do you guys know if we can also get an interview at the Chicago campus if we are asked to interview at Arizona?
There were multiple people with interview to both. I was rejected by ccom but interviewing this week at azcom

You prob have to wait. I know CCOM is tougher to get an II, so if you can get an II there, AZCOM might be next in line.