Midwestern University -AZ & IL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well, if I go to Midwestern! I want to bring a dog or two, so on campus housing won't work. Came across some affordable apartments in Glendale...

Members don't see this ad.

hey group!
i applied in december do you think they will still be doing any more interviews this semester?
i heard from a fren that the class is almost half full.
what do you think are my chances? here are my stats

GPA-3.34
OT Experience-250+ hours
Many leadership positions

Hi Elana,

I submitted OTCAS 12/3, verified a little over 2 weeks later, got a confirmation message from MWU 12/21, then 12/29 that I was invited for an interview. Got dates after the holiday and I interview tomorrow.

I applied to AZ campus only as I live in AZ and that may make a difference too since I am a resident as according to their stats, they took 40% instate and 60% from the most recent entering class. Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
Therapy 222 and Lost Fishes, if I end up at Midwestern, I may be looking for a roommate as well. I do, however, have a cat. It does seem like there are plenty of affordable apartments pretty close to campus though!

Elana 10, my stats are pretty similar, so I think you should have a shot. It does sound like the class may be getting full, but when I interviewed, they said they were going to be more selective early on this year, so that they could still interview candidates later on in order to get the best possible class.

OT1234, good luck tomorrow!

thank you for the help! ot1234 you applied to the Midwestern in AZ correct thats where you got your interview? do you know about the IL one?

lost fishes-midwestern recieved my application in 12/16 but i still havent receieved a interview for the IL campus.

Thank you CCOT.

Elana, I only applied to MWU in Arizona and that is where I got my interview. I have no idea about IL, sorry. I suggest emailing them as I don't think it will hurt. Plus, being proactive may make you look better since you are showing interest. Good luck!

thank you for the help! ot1234 you applied to the Midwestern in AZ correct thats where you got your interview? do you know about the IL one?

lost fishes-midwestern recieved my application in 12/16 but i still havent receieved a interview for the IL campus.

I applied on 12/15 and recieved an email last week that my application was complete. That's as much as I have heard. My stats are very similar to yours. I will let you know if I hear anything.

A lot of the cheaper apartments got bad reviews, but I did come across one complex that got good reviews. I think it was a little under $400 for a studio. We should all live in the same complex. CCOT keep me updated on your decision :)

A lot of the cheaper apartments got bad reviews, but I did come across one complex that got good reviews. I think it was a little under $400 for a studio. We should all live in the same complex. CCOT keep me updated on your decision :)
Do you remember what the name of the complex was by chance?

No, I haven't but hope the info is up to date. If you get more details or get a chance to see the place, let me know if it's legit and I'll do the same.

Midwestern in AZ rejected me when I interviewed back in November :( but it's ok because I just found out I got accepted to Nova Southeastern University in Southern Florida :soexcited:!!! I just emailed Midwestern in IL to remove my application for Fall 2012, Good luck everyone!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
No, I haven't but hope the info is up to date. If you get more details or get a chance to see the place, let me know if it's legit and I'll do the same.

Same! I will definitely keep you updated as to my final decision. You are waiting to hear from other schools as well, yes? Those apartments look nice though and I definitely agree that we should all try to live close by.

has anyone heard back from midwestern il about interviews this semester? should i call them and ask them about the status of my file?

I had an interview a few weeks ago: there were only nine students interviewing for OT and they said there were 10 for the second interview day for January (2 interview days every month). It was said that there were over 450 applicants at the beginning of January.

Good luck!!

I interviewed for the AZ campus on January 10th and we were told we should hear from them beginning of February, after they complete the second interview on January 25th.

Found out the bad news for me today; I've been put on the alternate list for Midwestern AZ.

I was put on alternate list, I interviewed in December. I hate how the list is not numbered.

This was my 2nd year applying and got in. Although, I didn't come for a visit last year because I decided it was too late. I interviewed this time in November.

I received my rejection letter from IL yesterday... :( On the waitlist for an interview at AZ. We shall see what comes of that!

does anyone know when the latest MWU will get back to the people on the wait list in terms of acceptance?

Well the letter states that when an open seat becomes available you may be contacted so I have a feeling it won't be for awhile now. Even then, as OTMAGH stated, the waitlist is not ranked.

does anyone know when the latest MWU will get back to the people on the wait list in terms of acceptance?

I don't know if you are talking about the IL or AZ campus but when I interviewed at the IL campus one of the first year students we got to talk to said that she was on the wait list until the week before classes started when they offered her the spot. I would assume that both campuses would be the same in that situation. So you never know and don't give up hope if you're on the wait list!

This is a good point. When I went to the Indiana University orientation several of the OT students who helped with the orientation also received their spot from the waiting list about 2 weeks before the program began. At their program the admissions director said that they usually go 15 people deep into the waiting list because people's lives change all the time up until the program start date.
However being on the waiting list has to be so stressful since you don't know when you could be called. One of my friends had just moved into an apartment at Purdue when she got the call that she was pulled from the waiting list for one of Ohio State's medical programs which would be in state tuition for her. She packed up and went. Talk about last minute!

Does anyone know when Midwestern IL will finish sending out their acceptances/rejections? I have heard that they are still inviting people to interview, does anyone know if this is true? I still have not heard anything back from them, and am anxiously waiting!

Has anyone made a final decision yet as to whether you will be attending Midwestern (Glendale) next year? I am just waiting on a response from one last school but am pretty sure that I will be going to Midwestern regardless of their response. I'm excited to find out who will be in my cohort!

Has anyone made a final decision yet as to whether you will be attending Midwestern (Glendale) next year? I am just waiting on a response from one last school but am pretty sure that I will be going to Midwestern regardless of their response. I'm excited to find out who will be in my cohort!

I should be attending MWU. I'm going to head out there at the end of the month to check out housing possibilities. When I interviewed one the students said they made a facebook page prior to showing up so most of the OT class already knew one another.

A Facebook page is a good idea... I'm sure that more people would find that than post to SDN. Do you already have some housing possibilities in mind that you will be checking out? I was hoping not to have to fly out there to check out housing, but I'm thinking I might need to after all. When are you planning to move?

A Facebook page is a good idea... I'm sure that more people would find that than post to SDN. Do you already have some housing possibilities in mind that you will be checking out? I was hoping not to have to fly out there to check out housing, but I'm thinking I might need to after all. When are you planning to move?

I was looking into buying a condo but I'm not familiar with the area. I probably wont move till late july or august since i work full time now and need to make more money. What's your situation?

Hi CCOT. There is a good chance that I will be attending MWU. I'll know in April. If necessary, I'll probably make a trip to AZ in May or July. If you want, I can report my findings. I am open to roommates since tuition is going to be costly. I do plan on bringing one or two small dogs.

Has anyone heard anything from the campus in IL? I submitted my apps in early October and only heard from AZ. The people in IL weren't that helpful, only saying that my application was under review. :/

I got a letter last week from the IL campus. I am on the waitlist. I was interviewed in early Feb.

If you have already been put on the waitlist, that probably doesn't mean good things for me if I haven't heard anything yet, right? :(

I wouldn't say so. If they were just going to reject you they would have probably done so by now. You may be a good applicant but they are also weighing their other options. I don't know about the AZ campus but I was told that IL had something like 500-600 applicants. That's a lot of people to sift through.

I can only hope they are still considering me! I didn't think they would start a waitlist until they sent out all of their acceptances though, but I guess every school's process is different!

I e-mailed them again, and they said my "application is still under consideration" but that don't have any future interview dates planned as of right now. Not looking good

I e-mailed them again, and they said my "application is still under consideration" but that don't have any future interview dates planned as of right now. Not looking good

IL said the same thing to me when I called. And I submitted the app back in October! :bullcrap:

Hi CCOT. There is a good chance that I will be attending MWU. I'll know in April. If necessary, I'll probably make a trip to AZ in May or July. If you want, I can report my findings. I am open to roommates since tuition is going to be costly. I do plan on bringing one or two small dogs.
Lost Fishes, I will definitely be attending Midwestern as well. That would be great if you would let me know what you find when you visit AZ to look for housing. I am open to roommates as well, but I will be bringing a cat. I might end up making a trip to Phoenix to look for housing, but would like to avoid that if possible.

Last I heard, they did not have any more interview dates scheduled. This was in mid March. I still haven't heard anything from them either, but I'm pretty much assuming I'm not accepted.

So has anyone attending MWU Glendale looked into housing options?

Hey! Are you going to AZCOM? My husband and I are AZCOM grads and are moving to Chicago for our categorical residencies. We are renting out our 3bd 2ba home with a pool and is close to school and to the 101 & I-17 highways (which was perfect during clinicals). The rent is $1350/month which includes pool and lawn maintenance. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'll have a room available also. I'm 8 miles from midwestern. Email if interested.

I e-mail Midwestern-DG and they said they were still doing interviews and that my application was still under consideration....has anyone heard from them recently? They seem to be accepting people awfully late!

OTdreamer
when did you get that email from them?