Midwestern University c/o 2027 Hopefuls

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DVMGoals77

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
First time, OOS applicant. Since they have a rolling admissions policy, I thought I'd start a thread. Good luck, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

First time, OOS applicant. Since they have a rolling admissions policy, I thought I'd start a thread. Good luck, everyone!
I am also first time applicant, from NY, just submitted my applications :) good luck to all of us

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
First time OOS applicant! I was checking out c/o 2026 hopefuls forum yesterday and saw so many people getting interviews and even acceptance letters within anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months after VMCAS verification! :eek::bigtears: Midwestern is my top pick so I'll be checking my email like a madwoman for the foreseeable future. Good luck everyone!

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y’all! I’m a 2022 grad, happy to try to answer any questions you may have about the program (things always changing of course!)
Thanks for stopping by! Do you remember/care to share any of your applicant stats by chance?
How was your overall experience? Did you feel well prepared for practice after graduation? What are you up to now? 😊

Thanks for stopping by! Do you remember/care to share any of your applicant stats by chance?
How was your overall experience? Did you feel well prepared for practice after graduation? What are you up to now? 😊

I don’t remember my stats, but I’m sure I can go back and try to find them on here.
I loved to program! I enjoyed my time and felt my clinical faculty really cared about me as a person and wanted me to grow as a clinician. I’m now in a rotating internship with plans to practice in SA ER afterwards!
I went into the internship anticipating specialization, however that’s not feasible for my life currently.

Hi all! First time OOS applicant as well, good luck to all applying!

First time OOS applicant! So exciting! Does anyone know if they are requiring the GRE this cycle? I can't find the information on their website. TIA!

First time OOS applicant! So exciting! Does anyone know if they are requiring the GRE this cycle? I can't find the information on their website. TIA!
No they don’t require GRE, at least this cycle.

Attachments

• E6ACAB17-0201-4F37-AD90-595E21896E92.jpeg
    E6ACAB17-0201-4F37-AD90-595E21896E92.jpeg
    119.2 KB · Views: 106
I just want to confirm that there is not a supplemental application?

Hi everyone! I am in the c/o 2026 and was accepted last cycle. If you have any questions feel free to PM me! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview scheduled! I had to do virtual which makes me nervous I would have preferred to do in-person. Anyone else got interviews planned??
Congratulations! I just scheduled an interview as well, and also could only manage to make the virtual option work. I wanted to do it in person but just couldn't get the flights work and get me back in time for my job and college classes. So excited for you!

People who already got interview invites, can you share when you submitted and what are your stats. Appreciate in advance and good luck.

Last edited:
Congratulations! I just scheduled an interview as well, and also could only manage to make the virtual option work. I wanted to do it in person but just couldn't get the flights work and get me back in time for my job and college classes. So excited for you!
Congratulations!!! When did you submit the VMCAS?

VMCAS verification 8/26, Interview invite via email 9/8, scheduled for 10/12 virtual
sending some of my stats via pm
Thank you SweetValentin, Good luck on the interview.

People who already got interview invites, can you share when you submitted and what are your stats. Appreciate in advance and good luck.
Submitted 8/30 - just got interview invite yesterday 9/9.
Stats:
24, WI resident, non-traditional, 1st cycle. Long story short I graduated with a degree in English lit/History and went to law school for a bit.
Cumulative GPA ranges from 3.73 to 3.55 depending on if you add in law school and other post grad stuff. Science is 3.75.

Good luck everyone!!! I am sooo excited to be in this cycle. It's been a long, crazy road!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone! Wondering if anyone will be attending the in-person interviews on Wednesday September 14? I will be attending and would love to connect with people who are going in person :)

Hello everyone! Wondering if anyone will be attending the in-person interviews on Wednesday September 14? I will be attending and would love to connect with people who are going in person :)
I'm going in person on Wednesday! See you there!

Received an email that I am waitlisted for interview, oh well :-( , better than being rejected :)

Received an email that I am waitlisted for interview, oh well :-( , better than being rejected :)
Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear that! Keep your head up, it is still very early in the cycle! And it's definitely better than a rejection! I am still waiting for an email as well. When did you submit your VMCAS if you don't mind me asking?

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear that! Keep your head up, it is still very early in the cycle! And it's definitely better than a rejection! I am still waiting for an email as well. When did you submit your VMCAS if you don't mind me asking?
Submitted on August 18, my GPA is low 3.25, science 3.08. I am not loosing hope. Thank you. Good luck to you.

• Care
I'm a current first-year so the application/interview process is still pretty fresh to me. Let me know if you have any questions :)

has anyone else heard back from them yet? I thought I would hear back from them by now, but I’m trying to remind myself that no news is good news. I am impatient in this process though lol

has anyone else heard back from them yet? I thought I would hear back from them by now, but I’m trying to remind myself that no news is good news. I am impatient in this process though lol
They received my verified application on September 5th. I haven't heard anything further.

They received my verified application on September 20th, and I got notified I got an interview on September 21st. Does anyone know how many applicants make it to the interview stage and what I should expect during interview day (I'm going in person)

They received my verified application on September 20th, and I got notified I got an interview on September 21st. Does anyone know how many applicants make it to the interview stage and what I should expect during interview day (I'm going in person)
Oh congratulations!! Also makes me a little nervous that I haven't heard anything 😅

If anybody schedules an interview for October 5th, lmk. I'd like to know someone before I get there

Check your portals if you've interviewed!
OOS Acceptance! I'm literally shaking

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Not sure how many people make it to interview, but they told us last year if you interview you're very likely to get accepted. I think they accepted 3/4 of those who interviewed

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know what their stats for acceptances were last year?

My VMCAS application was verified September 8th and I received an interview invite on September 24th, if it helps anyone looking for a timeline! Super exciting to have a school reach out so quickly in the process. Good luck to everyone interviewing in October - mine is November 9th!

Anyone else waiting for more interview times to open? I want to interview asap since people seem to already be accepted but I need virtual options to be available 😬

The portal says that my recommendation letters are expected? My application was verified by VMCAS a few weeks ago. Does it normally take longer for them to get the recommendation letters?

Does anyone know what their stats for acceptances were last year?

According to AAVMC, class of 2025’s statistics were:
Class Size:130
Total Applicants: 1,430
Resident Applicants: 112
Non-Resident Applicants: 1,318
Institutional Applicant to Seat Ratio: 11.0
Grade Point Average
Mean Overall GPA: 3.3
Mean Science GPA: 3.2
GRE Scores
Required: No
Mean Verbal Percentile Score: N/A
Mean Quantitative Percentile Score:N/A
Mean Writing Percentile Score: N/A

You can find that here: AAVMC: Admitted Student Statistics

Does anyone know from previous timelines when they stop giving interview invitations? I am starting to lose hope 🙃

According to AAVMC, class of 2025’s statistics were:
Class Size:130
Total Applicants: 1,430
Resident Applicants: 112
Non-Resident Applicants: 1,318
Institutional Applicant to Seat Ratio: 11.0
Grade Point Average
Mean Overall GPA: 3.3
Mean Science GPA: 3.2
GRE Scores
Required: No
Mean Verbal Percentile Score: N/A
Mean Quantitative Percentile Score:N/A
Mean Writing Percentile Score: N/A

You can find that here: AAVMC: Admitted Student Statistics
Thanks! I had found this but thought the GPAs were a bit low compared to how it seems they determine who to send interview invites to first.

Congrats to everyone who's gotten an interview and been accepted!! Mine is 10/26, couldn't leave CA because of classes and work and have to do virtual. Anyone have any tips on preparation! Really glad they accept so many who interview!

The portal says that my recommendation letters are expected? My application was verified by VMCAS a few weeks ago. Does it normally take longer for them to get the recommendation letters?
Mine says this too! Did you get in touch with them / see any updates? I plan to call on Monday

What is appropriate dress for an interview? I was planning on doing a sports coat and slacks

Mine says this too! Did you get in touch with them / see any updates? I plan to call on Monday
The portal had a section to ask any questions or make a comment. I think I goes to the general admission office of Midwestern. That's where I reached out about my reference letter and they fixed it the next day.

What is appropriate dress for an interview? I was planning on doing a sports coat and slacks
I wore a pair of business pants (they were stretchy & comfortable though)! And a blouse/blazer. If you're going in person make sure you are comfortable and have walkable shoes because you're there the whole day.

Has anyone received an interview recently? Do we know when they stop giving interviews/send denial letters?