Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Midwestern just does one interview per applicant, with usually 2 or 3 interviewers sitting in the same room interviewing you. It's relatively relaxed.
How long are the interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally got an II today, my first contact with CCOM since submitting my secondary at the very beginning of July! Figured I had just been silently rejected. It's crazy that the earliest interview slots available weren't until the second week of March, guess that means plenty of time to prepare. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Finally got an II today, my first contact with CCOM since submitting my secondary at the very beginning of July! Figured I had just been silently rejected. It's crazy that the earliest interview slots available weren't until the second week of March, guess that means plenty of time to prepare. ;)

AFAIK they don't do silent rejections. They send letters, it just takes a bit of time for the letter to arrive. Anyways congrats on the II!! The interview is totally relaxed, mine only took 25 minutes. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
does anyone know what day the committee usually meets or which day decisions usually go out?

Application complete 11/9, no news of II. Is this a silent rejection? I am still able to sign into the portal and access my Application Checklist.

does anyone know what day the committee usually meets or which day decisions usually go out?
I've heard they meet last Wedensday of the month and decisions are sent out that Thursday or Friday.

Application complete 11/9, no news of II. Is this a silent rejection? I am still able to sign into the portal and access my Application Checklist.
I've known people that were complete later than you in previous years and were accepted so be positive!

I've heard they meet last Wedensday of the month and decisions are sent out that Thursday or Friday.
Hope they can get the decisions out before the 20th.. Otherwise I'll have to pay the AZCOM deposit and kiss this place goodbye

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they meet twice a month but during my interview day the admissions director said they only meet at the end of each month. Don't know what to believe, just gonna keep checking my applicant portal every morning until something changes.

When I interviewed they told us they met twice a month... Maybe they meet less often towards the end of the cycle?

I was wondering what the interviewed:accepted ratio was for CCOM? I have an interview scheduled for Feb. 16th and would love to be able to matriculate here. Thanks!

I believe they interview ~600, accept ~400 for a class size of 200. Good luck!

I was wondering what the interviewed:accepted ratio was for CCOM? I have an interview scheduled for Feb. 16th and would love to be able to matriculate here. Thanks!

They talked about it during my interview. They interview roughly 600 and accept roughly 400 for a class of roughly 200.

Edit: Someone beat me to the punchline hah

Reactions: 1 users
Same here. Hoping for an II soon though.

Time is running out... When do we hear back?? I'm thinking of calling them up on Thursday if no decisions are out by then
I really can't afford to pay two deposits and CCOM is my preferred choice

So if I have an interview 2/16, am I interviewing for a waitlist spot? I have an acceptance elsewhere but would prefer CCOM. Just curious thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey I also interviewed last Monday and haven't heard back or had my portal updated either so its not just you. Also are you the Project M guy?
dam how did you find out my true form

Is the background check for CCOM just a fingerprint? Or do they also use a program like certiphi?

Is there a way to find the textbook list for first years?

They don't use text books. They give you notes.

Yes you get note packets, but books depend on the class. Most people don't get any of the books. Some classes use exam questions straight out of the recommended book though. Long story short, don't worry about getting any books right now.

Interviewing here next week. Can I assume that the class is almost full by now and its probably for a waitlist position?

Interviewing here next week. Can I assume that the class is almost full by now and its probably for a waitlist position?

We've had students on here say that Midwestern does not interview for waitlist positions. Obviously it's later in the cycle, so it's harder to get in than if you interviewed in September.

Well, my AZCOM deposit is officially nonrefundable now
Thanks CCOM

Is it reasonable to expect to hear back tomorrow since it's the last Thursday of the month?

Accepted to an MD school in my home state, so I'll be cancelling my interview (Feb 16th) and withdrawing my application. Best of luck to those still interviewing and waiting!

We've had students on here say that Midwestern does not interview for waitlist positions. Obviously it's later in the cycle, so it's harder to get in than if you interviewed in September.
How does that work? If people choose to go elsewhere, then is their class just whatever is left at the end of the cycle???

Declining my acceptance here, good luck to everyone!

Were you just accepted? When did you interview and when did you find out?
Interviewed 12/8 and accepted about 2 weeks later. The deadline to decide has just come up and I decided to go to AZCOM closer to home.

why are these guys taking so long to tell us the decisions smh

Keep checking your portals! I'd imagine you'll hear today or Monday. Good luck!

Been complete since July..lol silence. Silent rejection or what

Been complete since July..lol silence. Silent rejection or what
I don't think you're officially rejected until your portal is shut down. They usually deny you access and then send you a rejection letter via snail mail.

You can call AZCOM's financial office to transfer your deposit, should you get accepted to CCOM as well
Wait are you serious??? Have you done this??

p.s.
were you the guy who gave us the tour

Last edited:
Any tips for the interview?

All standard interview questions for me. Why CCOM, Why DO, Why Medicine, Strengths/weaknesses, free time. Stuff like that.

Personally I prepped those first three questions because you can expect them at pretty much any school. The rest of the interview I winged. Just be relaxed

Any tips for the interview?

I just recently submitted my secondary there feeling like it was way too late already to even hope for an interview, but I'm actually a little surprised to see the interview season isn't over yet. May I ask when you submitted all your materials?