Midwestern University Chicago (CCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received an II today. Was complete at the very beginning of the cycle.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II today. Sent in 0 updates and complete in August. Not attending and thought I withdrew from the school lol. Hopefully it goes to one of you guys still waiting!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Good luck those who are participating in the match today! I hope you are all happy with the results. I think there is at least one 4th year who posts in this thread. Can't wait to see where everyone matched!

Interviewed last Friday, had a great time and I'd love to go here! The interview was very laid back and the 30 minutes flew by, I'm almost concerned that they didn't get enough to paint a clear picture of me. Did anyone else get that feeling as well? And the admissions worker said we should hear back by April 1st, is that a pretty accurate turnaround time? (~3 weeks)

Hey, I'm currently a first year. Don't read much into your interview unless it went horribly, and you would be able to tell that. The interview basically just screens people out. The overwhelming majority of people fall into the category of "it went fine". Very few people knock it out of the park so well that it bumps them up significantly. I was the very last person to interview on my day, and because everyone else had taken so long mine was incredibly rushed. I was only asked one "real" interview question, the rest was just conversation that stemmed from "tell me about yourself". I was in and out in 12 minutes. It was hard not to take that as a bad sign but it all worked out obviously. As far as the timeline, that sounds accurate enough. I think there is a certain amount of variation depending on the admissions committee schedule though.

Withdrawing my acceptance from here, hope it goes to one of you!

How would I go about shadowing a first year at ccom?

I've never seen or heard of anyone doing that here. I'm sure pretty much every one of us would be more than happy to have someone shadow, but as far as how to officially go about doing it you might want to just call the admissions office and ask.

I've never seen or heard of anyone doing that here. I'm sure pretty much every one of us would be more than happy to have someone shadow, but as far as how to officially go about doing it you might want to just call the admissions office and ask.
I talked to admissions today to check on my status, and asked but they said they don't even know. I'll call the deans office maybe they know :/

Can't really think of how else to update them, any suggestions?

Good luck those who are participating in the match today! I hope you are all happy with the results. I think there is at least one 4th year who posts in this thread. Can't wait to see where everyone matched!
Thank you so much! I matched into my top choice for Pediatrics in Chicago!

Reactions: 3 users
Does it say anything about minimum grades after acceptance in the matriculation agreement? I know most schools just wanna see you graduated and passed lol but I've heard of stricter requirements at other places!

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm a little worried about getting a high C/low B in one of my classes right now

Members don't see this ad :)
Does it say anything about minimum grades after acceptance in the matriculation agreement? I know most schools just wanna see you graduated and passed lol but I've heard of stricter requirements at other places!

Anyone have any thoughts? I'm a little worried about getting a high C/low B in one of my classes right now

I think you'll be fine as long as you are doing well in your other classes. Just try your best. You could call them and ask if they have any strict requirements but I highly doubt they do. I didn't see anything about this in the matriculation agreement. I mean I was accepted with several C's so lol.

I think you'll be fine as long as you are doing well in your other classes. Just try your best. You could call them and ask if they have any strict requirements but I highly doubt they do. I didn't see anything about this in the matriculation agreement. I mean I was accepted with several C's so lol.
haha thank you! I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss it in some paper or email...congrats on the cycle!

Has anybody gotten an II lately? I'm assuming that interviews are already all booked for this cycle... :(

I talked to admissions today to check on my status, and asked but they said they don't even know. I'll call the deans office maybe they know :/

Can't really think of how else to update them, any suggestions?

I'm not sure what you mean by "update them". If you mean update your application just send an email stating your interest and any new information you want them to know. As far as shadowing goes though if you live in the area I can't imagine it being a problem if you just show up and sit in on a lecture. Quite frankly I doubt anybody would even notice. If you wanted to sit in on OMM or our clinical workshop that might be different though.

Anyone know about financial aid packages/ where I can view mine? When is the FAFSA deadline?

Has anybody gotten an II lately? I'm assuming that interviews are already all booked for this cycle... :(

Don't give up hope yet...I got one just a few minutes ago. It looks like there are at least three days in April for interviews. I'm accepted at a different school so I'll be withdrawing from here. Hopefully the II goes to you!

Don't give up hope yet...I got one just a few minutes ago. It looks like there are at least three days in April for interviews. I'm accepted at a different school so I'll be withdrawing from here. Hopefully the II goes to you!

Thank you! I hope I hear something back soon, but good luck with your future endeavors!

Reactions: 1 user
II!!!!!! :) Complete in August...and sent an update letter in February!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
For those wondering about II, they still send some even this late.
Also, for those wondering about interviews this late and if they are only interviewing for the waiting list, not true.
I interviewed late around this time of the year (granted I actually was waitlisted) some of the people I interviewed with were not waitlisted. All in all, there were 7 people in total from my late march interview who matriculated.
Therefore, don't lose hope. Keep sending those updates and keep showing them you are interested!

I interviewed 3/18, am I right to assume decisions might happen tomorrow?

Hey, I have a question for current students. I am looking to purchase a condo to save $ on renting for 4 years. I'm thinking about places in Downers Grove and Lombard. I know that will be great for the 1st 2 years but will it be terrible during rotations? Is it common for people to live near downers grove for the entire 4 years?

Just got a II today... complete in August lol, totally dead set on KCU so giving it up but really?? Damn near a year later... come on man

Hey, I have a question for current students. I am looking to purchase a condo to save $ on renting for 4 years. I'm thinking about places in Downers Grove and Lombard. I know that will be great for the 1st 2 years but will it be terrible during rotations? Is it common for people to live near downers grove for the entire 4 years?
On interview day, a couple of students said that a lot of people end up living around the Lincoln Park area to commute for rotations. I think you're only stuck on campus for the first two years.

Does anyone know when they are meeting this week?

There's a way for us to check our portal and see the decision slightly before it comes it out, right?

So has anybody been accepted yet?
I'm not sure about the folks who interviewed late March

So has anybody been accepted yet?
I'm not sure about the folks who interviewed late March

Interviewed 3/16, no change in portal or email yet. Hasn't stopped me from refreshing all afternoon.

I guess the people from Early March might hear back sooner?

They did have interviews last week too

I guess the people from Early March might hear back sooner?
They did have interviews last week too
I had my interview last week and one of the current students told me that the ad-com meets on the last wednesday of every month.
My guess is that they will update the portals tomorrow!

Do what works best financially for you. No matter where you decide to live, you will end up commuting for some of your rotation sites. If you can somehow swing it and get the bulk of your sites to be in the city, then it makes sense to move out there.

For those wondering about II, they still send some even this late.
Also, for those wondering about interviews this late and if they are only interviewing for the waiting list, not true.
I interviewed late around this time of the year (granted I actually was waitlisted) some of the people I interviewed with were not waitlisted. All in all, there were 7 people in total from my late march interview who matriculated.
Therefore, don't lose hope. Keep sending those updates and keep showing them you are interested!
Can't help but reiterate that updates are a must if you do get waitlisted. I interviewed in April, and got pulled off the waitlist a week prior to orientation. I updated admissions that I turned down all my other acceptances and rented a house in Downer's. They probably felt bad for me because the very next day, I got my acceptance

Received an acceptance email today!