Midwestern University Dental Simulation Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

specialk1041

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To anyone who is about to start the new application process on June 1st:

There is a great opportunity taking place at Midwestern University-Glendale this coming June. The ASDA Chapter on campus is hosting a Dental Simulation Course for anyone who is a Pre-Dent. The course gives people a chance to see the campus, get some one on one face time with students/faculty/staff, and get a real feel for what life is like as a Dental student. There are no "requirements" to attend other than you have to be 18 years old before the course (I assume most of you meet that requirement). Even if you don't have interest in attending Midwestern (I really like it here!), it really looks good on your application to ANY school, since it shows initiative and interest, and gives you maybe that little something extra that some of the other applicants may not have. I took the course the summer that I applied to dental school and thought it was a great experience, so if you're about to start the process of applying now is the time to think about something like this. You don't have to live in Arizona, there are people flying in from all over, including Canada.
It takes place over one of two weekends of your choice:
June 8th and 9th
-or-
June 15th and 16th

Shoot me a PM on here if you have any specific questions and I'll try my best to answer them for you. Good luck on your path to dentistry!! It's well worth the effort!! Below is a link with all the big info:

http://www.midwestern.edu/asda_simulation_course.html

Members don't see this ad.

I attended this last year and enjoyed it a lot! I feel like I learned a ton about dentistry in those two days and about what it will be like to be a dental student. They give you a bunch of hands-on things to do: taking x-rays, waxing, even working with a handpiece and composite filling. Also, the students and faculty were super friendly and outgoing, it was a really good experience!