Midwestern University Downer's Grove, Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

suviphi

aspiring student
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here who had the interview at Midwestern in Chicago, what the experience was like and if you had any advice? What questions did they ask and what was the itinerary of the day like? Mine's is coming up this coming Friday and I'm super nervous about it. Any info would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone here who had the interview at Midwestern in Chicago, what the experience was like and if you had any advice? What questions did they ask and what was the itinerary of the day like? Mine's is coming up this coming Friday and I'm super nervous about it. Any info would be great!

Hey, I have my interview this Friday also! I interviewed at the Arizona campus yesterday and my experience was very good. I know they interview in group fashion. At MWU Glendale we were given a sheet of paper that told us which students we would be interviewing with. Prior to the interview I took the time to get to know them and got very comfortable with them. This allowed me to be completely comfortable with them and just be myself during the interview. I was very nervous at first until I started talking with all the interviewees and once you realize theyre all in the same position you are I think youll start to loosen up. Best of luck to you! Ill see you at the interview!

Thanks for the advice! I'll see you there too! What hotel are you staying at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi suviphi,
For the interview, they will divide you into groups-- I think it's random since your group # is based on the # on the folder given to you. I went on 09/30 and we had a total of 5 groups, ~5-6 persons/group. MWU-Chicago does interview in groups, but it's much larger than the Glendale one -- about 5/ 6 interviewees vs. 2 interviewers. The interview lasts for ~45 min. w/ you having to answer about 3 to 4 questions (basic questions, refer to SDN interview feedback). You also have to do a timed writing sample (you have 30 minutes to complete this). Besides the usual school presentation and campus tour, you also get to have a complimentary lunch ^^.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for the response, nhluong! Would it be too much for me to ask what the essay prompt was? I'd completely understand if you can't reveal that information to me. I was just curious. Do you know what the interview questions were either and if each of us had to answer it individually or do they ask an interview question to a few people and move on? I referred to the SDN interview feedback but there wasn't much there. I'll look again to see if I missed anything. And do you know how long after the interview that we can find out about our application status? Thanks for your time in responding to this. Best of luck to you!

Thanks so much for the response, nhluong! Would it be too much for me to ask what the essay prompt was? I'd completely understand if you can't reveal that information to me. I was just curious. Do you know what the interview questions were either and if each of us had to answer it individually or do they ask an interview question to a few people and move on? I referred to the SDN interview feedback but there wasn't much there. I'll look again to see if I missed anything. And do you know how long after the interview that we can find out about our application status? Thanks for your time in responding to this. Best of luck to you!

I don't know if I'm allowed to tell you the prompt, sorry ^^. However, it's nothing hard (and not like the Glendale one either). My interview questions were: 1) Tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, & interesting fact about yourself 2) challenges seen in pharmacy in 10 years 3) challenges that you've faced. I think these were all of the questions asked of us... don't know if I recalled all of them. The interviewers give everyone a chance to answer the questions and it's based on volunteer to see who goes first/2nd/3rd... until everyone has answered. The admissions staff (Kerry) says that after the interview on 10/09, the admissions committee will meet and decide on accepting/rejecting/waitlisting students, so everyone will be notified of their status within 6 to 8 weeks from our interview date (09/30) (or sooner if you get accepted ^^). Good luck on your interview prep!